Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 10 13 8:12 PM

Tags : :

Pearl asked me to post this here.  It is a reply I made on another forum.  
Ross,
 It is not my intention to challenge your faith.   Jesus told us to first extract the rafter from our own eye.  That being said, I do not believe that he was teaching us how to extract the straw from our brothers eye, even though it sounds like he meant that. ( I'm sure that due to our human imperfections all of us have seemed guilty of this at times).  Jesus wasn't talking about physically extracting something.   I believe what is implied here was...we would see how better to extract the straw from our brother's eye.  How? By examining ourselves.  If our good example is imitated, then our brother can extract his own straw from his own eye.  It is not our job to do this. It is our brother's job . Through our own efforts at self-refinement (removing our own rafter), we learn this reality. If we assume it is our job to refine someone else, we do have a rafter in our own eye.
Your faith is your own.  No one here is master over it.  Each one will give an accounting for himself to God.   That being the case, each one of us needs to examine ourselves. We do not have to answer for the other slave. Jesus inspects each slave individually for what they did with the gifts given to them. 

Don't get too worried about what others write or say.

Remember what Gamaliel said in the book of Acts?   "Leave these men alone...if their work is from men it will be overthrown...but...if it is from God...you will not be able to overthrow it...otherwise you may actually be found to be fighters against God".

Sometimes we want to shout "Hey...look what I found".    It is up to the hearer to either take note of it or not. If he hears, it is due to God's spirit. If he does not hear, it is also due to God's spirit. God chooses who hears. Like Christ, we should submit to God's will in this regard (Matt.13:11) In the end, we each will give an account for ourselves to God (Eze.18:19,20; Rom.14:12,4).  

I do not have the energy to address everything everyone has written.  

I can shout out to people the things I have found...but I cannot make them believe...only God makes the faith of a person grow.

I have written about some of these things.
The Great Tribulation is not what people generally think it is.
Armageddon is also not what we have been taught and persuaded to believe.
Here is an article covering Pearl and my understanding of "Armageddon" :  People are free to read and either believe or not. The cited scriptures give my reasons for my faith in this.  

This is all I can do.   Only God can make it grow.

http://armageddon-obadiah.blogspot.com/

Jesus always spoke in parables (symbolism) and Revelation was presented in signs (symbolism).  One must consider that it is at least probable that many of the prophecies also have at some symbolic meanings. Their correct interpretations must be by spirit, and in harmony and according to God's Word.

Pearl is in great distress over  the loss of the "invited" ones who have not awakened yet.  She writes primarily to wake them up.

Pearl's master is Christ...it is he that she allows to guide her...through the Holy Spirit and God's word.  She has proven more than once, that even at the cost of her own children, she will not deviate from this. Scriptures are what she looks for, she does not rely on worldly research for understanding. 

Pearl was "invited" at the age of about 19.  She was praying sincerely for some answers.  

God's solution for her to get those answers was for her to go to the WT; not because they were his organization, but rather,  so that she could see first hand, the answers that she was praying for. All those sealed must also be tested first, through the same trials as Christ. The WT has it's role in this testing anointed ones today. (Luke22:31,28; John16:2; 15:20)
 Jesus said "Simon, Simon, Satan has demanded to sift you all as Wheat" is sifted.  This happens to all anointed. No one gets a free pass. 
As it was with Christ, this test is by a religious organization which they must belong to. The Romans only carried out the execution...it was his own religious organization that was pushing for it.  Pilate said ..."I find no fault in him".   (The Christians who were formerly Jews, were persecuted by their former religious leaders, even after they were no longer part of that religion. Like Christ, they were considered demonic Apostates (Matt.10:25).  Doesn't this sound a little too familiar... for those who were former JWs but were disfellowshipped as Apostates today?

Pearl has explained to me, that the faithful must follow Christ "wherever he goes", "following him continually" in the pattern and "model" he left, up until the "end". I understand her to mean that just as Christ learned obedience from the things he suffered, the anointed also need to "finish their training" and...learn. 
She has published the fact that she was led by God to be tested by the WT. God also allowed Job to be tested, when Satan made the same demand.

Pearl has a personal file article about her "invitation" among her articles at her 4 woman site.

Ross... all of us are a little thick, but remember,  God reads our hearts. He knows the motives of our hearts and will not let us be deceived by lies if we truly want the truth...no matter what that truth turns out to be.  
Jesus said in Luke that if we although wicked, know how to give good things to our children..how much more will the Father in Heaven give Holy Spirit to those asking him.  

James says that if we want to receive something...our motives must be pure.  Being humble, and honest with ourselves we can receive the truth.  As it was implied here on this thread ...the Holy Spirit can protect us from being  fooled by lies. This is true, especially if our motives are pure. 
But some were and are deceived as Paul said in 2 Thessalonians...God allowed an operation of error towards them...why?...because they loved the lie.
 (In fact in Jeremiah 5:31  God said that his people love to have it so. His own people loved it that way)    
We don't love the lie, so then, if we LOVE the truth, and are humble and teachable, we can go in prayer to God and if we have faith, we know we will find the truth.  The truth will set us free, often even from our own misconceptions

I know that Pearl prays for others.  Even those that don't agree with her.  Jesus even said we should pray for those persecuting us...so I guess we should all try our best. I guess we pray to God for them, because we know that God is the one that saves them...not us.

Agape ,
Obadiah

Last Edited By: Obadiah Dec 10 13 8:15 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 11 13 6:38 AM

Obadiah,

I had just read your comment left on the other forum minutes ago and came directly here to let you know how much you are appreciated in your support of Pearl's teachings.  The spiritual war is evident here, Satan is working tediously in keeping the faithful ones disconnected: I have learned not to doubt his conniving abilities!  I am not one to remember just where a scripture is located, but when reading Ross's post right before yours, so many scriptures I have been taught came into my fuzzy mind in total contrast of what he states. 

The obedience that Pearl gives to Christ is phenomenal and only through the blessing of Holy Spirit is she able to accomplish what she does.  Obadiah, you stated, "being humble, and honest with ourselves we can receive the truth".  That is such a hard thing to continually be aware of; I think praying for humility each and every day brings us head on into truth. 

Fine fruits become so evident if we rely on our Heavenly Father to show us the direction to find them.  If we stop at what may tickle our ears, we will never reach it.

Thank you, Obadiah, for such a fine post.

Love,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 11 13 11:34 AM

Hi Obadiah,

I too just read your reply to Ross on the other forum and then came here and read again and wish to add some comments.

I believe that Pearl and You are honest and sincere in your beliefs that the spirit has led you into.

Pearl has said many times that she can only speak what the spirit leads her to say and that she does not do any or very little outside research.

In view of the command at 1John 2:26,27 it is vital that we listen to what the anointing is teaching us individually and not deviate from that.

So I have a quandry and I am not completely sure how to solve this.  I certainly do not want to be guilty of being some kind of enemy of my dear brothers and sisters.

Like Pearl I must be true to the things the anointing has revealed to me. 

There are several subjects that She has expounded on that I disagree with and have visited over and over again by prayer, meditation and listening to what the anointing is saying to me and I still do not agree.

I know at this time I am no judge of anyone and so I am not sure how to deal with this.  I know by scripture it is wrong to use flattering speech to get on someone's good side.  We must be honest and speak truth to one another.

I would also like to say that I have a certain amount of respect for you and Pearl and do not want to completely estrange myself from further communication.

I think Ross was brutally honest with his comments - a trait that could not be considered gracious and seasoned with salt.

How ever in principal I agree with some of his comments.

There is not anyone of us imperfect humans who have all of the answers - not one.

I am not sure what to say beyond this now.

What can we do to resolve this?

Joe

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 12 13 5:50 PM

Hi Obadiah,

I am hoping that because of my comments your not responding yet is because you and Pearl are giving prayerful consideration to the things that I commented about.  Please do not cast me off as insignifigant because of my thinking. I really do wish to have a interchange of encouragement with you.

Joe

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 13 13 11:41 AM

Dear Joe,
I would never consider you "insignificant".
I believe that the Chosen Ones will be unified,
not necessarily due to being taught by another, but by being taught by Christ.
You see, as each of the Chosen rely more fully on spirit from Christ and what he taught us within scripture, and think and work in harmony with him as Head of the body,
I expect that our unity and harmony will result naturally. Christ is not divided. Union with him is union with all who are also in union with him.
As we grown more close to Christ, we will not only see eye to eye, but we will treasure the gold given the others, as we value the gold given to us.
I believe that the scriptures, most notably Christ's own words (and how the Hebrew prophets interpret them) can set straight, whatever is out of joint (Heb.12:13) within the body of Christ.

I must also ask for your patience and care, not to ascribe any motive to the absence of me or Obadiah.
At times we must be away from the forum or other places, for hours or days.
This is not due to a lack of appreciation or sense of duty. We are both in a crisis of health, both facing surgery and a long recovery,
and are now in the process of many tests and appointments.
Obadiah works two jobs to meet our financial challenges, due to my chronic illnesses.
I also spend hours, just answering letters at my email inbox. I must pray and decide each day, what to prioritize.
As a result, I may not stop by here or somewhere else for hours or days. I also have a 90 year old mother whose needs I also must attend to.
This is in addition to laundry, cooking, house cleaning, etc. as I don't have a wife (lol).
I am also trying to get a book on Revelation written, and finish many posts at the site, as well as many that have not yet been started.
But both Obadiah and myself will continue to do the best we can,
on the strength God provides.

Love, Pearl

PS. I don't know if it would be helpful or not, but perhaps if you tell me what you find objectionable in what I have taught, I could provide the scriptures which have lead me to my perceptions.
If scriptures come to your own mind, which adjust my interpretation of my supporting scriptures, perhaps we can pry open the window to let in a bit more light.
If this sounds good to you, my email is [email protected]

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Dec 15 13 10:13 AM. Edited 7 times.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 13 13 6:50 PM

Hi Joe,
I just got in from work.  Sorry, Please don't feel that any of us are brushing you or anyone off.  Pearl is right...we have a lot on our plate.

I know that God is real and he answers prayers.  Really he does.  We must have faith in this.  Remember Gideon in Judges chapter 6 ?  He asked for a sign from God?  He felt that he was nothing and from a poor family.  God said I will use you as one man to smite the Midianites. So Gideon asked for a sign, that it was indeed God that was talking to him.

17 And he said unto him, If now I have found favor in thy sight, then show me a sign that it is thou that talkest with me.
20 And the angel of God said unto him, Take the flesh and the unleavened cakes, and lay them upon this rock, and pour out the broth. And he did so.

21 Then the angel of Jehovah put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there went up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and the angel of Jehovah departed out of his sight.

22 And Gideon saw that he was the angel of Jehovah; and Gideon said, Alas, O Lord Jehovah! forasmuch as I have seen the angel of Jehovah face to face.

23 And Jehovah said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die.

God's angel performed a sign to prove it was God who was being represented here. So Gideon did what God said to do, but he did it at night, for fear of the men.  Now a little later in this chapter, even though he had already had a sign presented to him, Gideon asked for another sign.  You will probably recall the fleece...and the dew...and the dew not.

36 And Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by my hand, as thou hast spoken,

37 behold, I will put a fleece of wool on the threshing-floor; if there be dew on the fleece only, and it be dry upon all the ground, then shall I know that thou wilt save Israel by my hand, as thou hast spoken.

38 And it was so; for he rose up early on the morrow, and pressed the fleece together, and wrung the dew out of the fleece, a bowlful of water.

39 And Gideon said unto God, Let not thine anger be kindled against me, and I will speak but this once: let me make trial, I pray thee, but this once with the fleece; let it now be dry only upon the fleece, and upon all the ground let there be dew.

40 And God did so that night: for it was dry upon the fleece only, and there was dew on all the ground.

So Gideon wasn't satisfied with the earlier sign of the angel , or even the dew on the fleece only.  Now he wanted the dew to be on the ground only.   
Sometimes it's alright to keep asking for another sign.  
 Pearl told me several times that she had to wait.  She says she gives some things time to be answered.   Some answers came quickly, some did not.
First as she has told me , our prayer has to be a silent prayer to God, and not something that a smart person could figure out.  Satan is a smart person, he can figure us out pretty easily.  He's seen us (mankind) at work for years.  He cannot read our minds. (Really though, often our minds are not that hard to read either)  No, he cannot read them, but there are even humans today (They are called "Mentalists") , who can figure our what some people are thinking. (Some call it being able to "read" a person) Some poker players are really good at that.  So be very careful not to ask for something that has "Joe's mind" written all over it.   Be patient and don't let on at all.   Tuck it away in your mind and let it go...do not dwell on it...   Your prayers must be specific.  Silent prayers, not verbal.  God can hear your heartfelt request.
Like Gideon we can ask more than once.
 We should give God a "yes" and a "no" response. For instance...if this is true (the yes answer)..then let this take place. (even if we must allow time for it to take place).  The (no answer)...if this is not true...then let this other thing take place.  
Once we receive our answer...keep silent about it.....do it again...like Gideon...so that we can be certain.  God will not let sincere honest hearted ones be misled.  
If our main priority is doing God's will...God will let us know if a teaching is from Him, or from men.
John 7:17
American Standard Version (ASV)
17 If any man willeth to do his will, he shall know of the teaching, whether it is of God, or whether I speak from myself.

Those who love the truth will be rewarded.  Keep asking.    

Many out there have no problem believing that the politcal goverments of the world are the "wild beast"...the WT also certainly believes this..  They think the UN is the "image" of the wild beast. Many people have no problem believing that the New World Order...One Government...is going to take world power and that everyone in every nation is going to admire and follow it... "willingly".  
 Hmmm...one group of  people that I know of who currently and  willingly follow and admire (to the point of "worshipping"...Revelation 13:8) their... ruling "Government"... (a "beast and it's divine image") are those now within the organization of JWs. Of all the groups that follow this pattern today, it is this group that fulfills the rest of the signs (persecuting and killing Christ's brothers...and "ruling" from within God's anointed temple)
Recognizing both true and false prophets is vital to know.  God will answer a sincere request for this perception in addition to all the scriptures that guide us.  I know that Pearl tries not to assume God's mind on a matter.  She believes he can hear her prayer and she believes he himself can answer it.  God's guidance is very clear when Pearl uses this scriptural approach.
Close your eyes....think about it....pray about it....What do you want to ask God?
Be specific in both your question and also how it will be answered.  Try it...ask him.  God wants you to know what it is you are asking.

I cannot assume what method you use to pray to God, however I know this above method clearly works for Pearl. And since you did ask for a suggestion I can only tell you what I've seen.
I just edited this due to gramatical errors, and I was not clear in one sentece above.  I left out the second half of it...now it's in there.
Agape,
Obe

Last Edited By: Obadiah Dec 16 13 7:12 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help