Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 3 15 7:26 AM

Tags : : , ,

The Memorial is a mere four weeks away.
I wish to obey 1Cor.11:33, which reads;
"So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together.".
Are there any here who also wish to obey this directive?
If you have been chosen by God, to be among the members of Christ's body,
and you wish to partake along with me;
please contact me promptly. This occasion is very simple and brief, but of great significance and import.
"He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying,
'This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.'" (Luke22:19)

image       image   http://pearl-emblems.blogspot.com/

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Mar 21 15 11:09 AM. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 21 15 11:08 AM

This Year's Date of Memorial

Hello All,

I noticed that "Jehovah's Witnesses" are planning to hold the Memorial, on Friday, Apr.3rd. This is also the first day of Passover (after sundown), and corresponds to Nisan 14, 5775 on the Hebrew calendar.
Jesus held his last supper with his disciples, the evening before, and he died before sundown the following afternoon, which was on "the day of Preparation" for the passover to come that evening.
(John19:14,31,33,42; Luke23:53,54)
As can be deduced from the previous scriptures, Jesus held the occasion a full 24 hours before the Passover began.... after sundown, on Nisan 13.
Of course we know, that he chose that evening, based upon the meaning of the Passover, and his fulfilling of all it prophetically symbolized
(1Cor.5:7) (John1:29) (Rev.14:1) (Rev.5:9,10) (Heb.9:14-15,24) (Heb.10:1,10-18).

Yet according to the facts, Jesus both performed the first Memorial of his death, and died, the Jewish day (sundown to sundown), before the Passover began.
While Jesus hung there dying, the Passover lambs were being slaughtered for the sundown to come, which sundown would begin the new day of Nisan 14, and the beginning of the Jewish Passover. As Passover began, Jesus was already laid in his tomb.

If we are to Memorialize this occasion on the same Jewish date that Christ did, it would be after sundown on Nisan13, which corresponds to after sundown, on Thursday, April 2, 2015 of our Gregorian calendar.
If we are to Memorialize this occasion at the start of the traditional Jewish Passover, it would be after sundown on Friday, April 3.

We may either memorialize it on the day of it's meaning, or at the date and time when Christ actually did it, the evening before.
I personally believe that both days are full of sacred meaning. Yet when I think about the ways in which Jesus changed the occasion, and the unique features he added to the observance; I see new things...
   For example, Jesus said,
"And he said to them, 'I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover **with you before I suffer. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God. And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves' " (Luke22:15-17)

What I draw from this, is that the Memorial was to be a sharing **with Christ. This was not possible to do on Nisan14, when the Jews began their celebration.
Jesus desired to be with his brothers for his occasion; and so he instituted it, the night before the Jewish Passover began.

If the disciples ate the emblems on the following night when the Jewish Passover began, Jesus would not be eating with them as he stated was his desire...For just as he said, "I will not eat it again until...the kingdom of God."
Jesus wanted to be present with his disciples when they all shared in the first Memorial of his death. This was not possible on Nisan 14.
He was present sharing with them, on Nisan 13, according to his desire.

If we were to travel back in time, to the sundown which followed Christ's death, I personally don't think we would find Christ's grieving and panicked disciples, re-doing the Jewish Passover, without Jesus. The scriptures inform us, that they were totally preoccupied with their upheaval for many days (John20:19,26).

Christ fulfilled the Law (Matt.5:17; Rom.10:4), including most especially, the meaning of the Passover. What he asked us to Memorialize, was his last meal with his Chosen Ones (Matt.26:19-20; John13:18; John15:16). He asked his Chosen, to "Take this and share it among yourselves." with the thought that he was present with them, as he is today (Matt.18:20).

Remembering that Jesus fulfilled the Law, and it has since passed away (Heb.8:13);
I do not feel obligated to celebrate within the dictates and tradition of the Jewish Passover. I personally am inclined to observe the Memorial of Christ's death, on the date and time in which he instituted it, while he was still alive, and fulfilled his desire to "eat this Passover with you before I suffer.".

You may note that I assert all the above, based upon the scriptures I have offered you, and how they speak to my own conscience. I know that each partaker must do the same. Only God and Christ have the right to give a command. Neither Jesus nor the scriptures, have given a clear command, precisely when to memorialize his sacrifice (Luke22:19; 1Cor.11:26). But the scriptures do make clear when Jesus did it...

"I passed on to you what I received from the Lord. On the night the Lord Jesus was handed over to his enemies, he took bread. When he had given thanks, he broke it. He said, “This is my body. It is given for you. Every time you eat it, do it in memory of me.” (1Cor.11:23,24)

I will use all the foregoing scriptures as my personal guide, and state this decision, as my own (1Cor.7:6,25,40; 2Cor.8:10,8).
As we mature, we must each use our conscience over matters that the scriptures do not pointedly decree
(Heb.5:14; 13:18; Rom.14:1; 1Tim.1:5).
I have shared this personal decision with you (1Pet.5:3; 2Cor.1:24; Matt.23:8), so that those interested in partaking with me, are aware of my plans, and my reason for them.

I will therefore, be observing the occasion which Jesus commanded... after sundown, on Thursday, April 2nd.
It is only 12 days away. If anyone wishes to obey Christ's words at Luke22:17; I would be happy to "share it" with you.
Please contact me by means of the contact form at the Blog (LINK)

Love in Christ,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Mar 21 15 4:49 PM. Edited 6 times.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 4 15 5:57 AM

Hello Everyone,
I though I would write a bit about this past Memorial.
The love among the members of the Body of Christ, is most keenly felt as we obey the scriptural directives, to gather.
(1Cor.11:33; Matt.18:20; Luke22:17).
There were scriptures read, about the promises of God. This gave us hope, as well as insight into how the fulfillment of them, is progressing.
Here are some of my personal notes, which were used for my own discussion of the emblems...

BREAD

Three meanings relevant for those chosen, come to mind.

1. Christ sacrificed his human life in the flesh.Through his body, he suffered, so that we could be pardoned.
He told us to imitate his sacrifice... to share in the purpose of a sacrificial life...
Rom.12:1
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship."
1Pet.4:2
"As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God."
2Cor.5:15
"He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them."
Rom.6:5
"For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his."
So the first thing I see in the emblem of bread, is that 
just as Jesus sacrificed his body of flesh for the sake of the gospel,
so that others my gain life by means of the truth he offered,
so we too must live, and die, for the truth.
"When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been." (Rev.6:9,11)

2. In using bread as a symbol for his body, he points to his human life, spent in providing truth. He said he was the bread from heaven, and his body was true food. He said that his whole reason for being born as a man of flesh, was to testify to the truth (John18:37).
John6:35
"Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."
This is the same bread for which Jesus taught us to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread" (Matt.6:11)
He was not teaching an emphasis on physical bread, but on spiritual...
Matt.4:4
"Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
John6:51...
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
So the second thing I see, is that to take in the emblem of bread, we display our acknowledgment that we rely on Christ for our spiritual sustenance and the life that results from it.

3. The third significant meaning I see symbolized in the bread,
is another meaning the Bible gives to Christ's body.
1Cor.12:12-14...
"Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free —and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many."

1Cor.12:27,18,28
"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
"But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be."
"And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues."
This body, composed of chosen and appointed parts, is also referred to at
Eph.4:11,12 
"And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ".
This is the body of Chosen ones, that Paul refers to at 1Cor11:29,28,31
"For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 
"Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup.
"But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment."

So, there we are told that we need to discern the Body of Christ, under Christ as it's head.
We need to discern who we are in relation to that body...
have we been chosen to be a part of the body, as an apostle, a prophet, a teacher?
if so, then we rightly partake of that body of Chosen ones belonging to Christ.
So when we partake of the bread, we also are discerning our place within Christ, and how we provide and accept spiritual food, from eachother.
As 1Cor.10:16,17 reads;
"Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf."

So the third thing I see in the emblem of Bread, is that we see our own assigned place in the body of Christ,
knowing that our assignment within it, is for the building up and feeding of the entire body, upon which we individually depend;
just as the other parts, also supply what we need, and depend upon us.
Just as Jesus gave up his life for us, so we are to serve our brothers in Christ (John15:13; 13:34; 1John3:16)
(Rom.12:10; 13:8; 1Pet.1:22; 1John3:14).

LUKE22:19
-----------------------

WINE

Wine is a product of the vine.
Just as wine comes from a grapevine,
the meaning of the wine, comes from the meaning of the grapevine.
John15:1-5,8
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
8"This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

So the first meaning of the wine, is that we must take in the product of the true vine, without which, we can do nothing.
If we remain in him, we are holy, and produce much fruit, which glorifies our Father.
Rom.11:16-18, compares this union with the true vine, as an olive tree...
"16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.
So the true and holy root, provides us the nourishing sap of Holy Spirit and Truth (John4:23-24), and thereby, supports us to bear fruit.
As sap feeds the branches, Christ's blood feeds the parts of his body, providing life to it's members. We take in that life...the Holy Spirit, which he gives freely to those who remember their dependence on it, and keep asking for it.
If we remain in union with the holy rootstock, we as it's branches, will also be holy.
As we partake of the emblem of wine, we take in what the true vine has provided...
holy spirit, life, truth, and a cleansed state of holiness ourselves (Rev.3:4; 19:8).
These things are ours, as long as we remain in subjection to our Head and Lord.

LUKE22:17,20
--  --  --  --  --  --  --  
Afterward, we also discussed meeting together regularly.
This is perceived as a desire of Christ, according to the will of God.
"that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one" (John17:21,22)
If we are to "be one", and there be no division among the members of Christ's Body (1Cor.12:25; 1:10)
this requires a gathering together, just as the scriptures direct (Heb.10:24,25).
This gathering was prophesied, initiated by a "trumpet blast" (Matt.24:31), which is the voice of a herald among the priesthood
(Isa.58:1; Eze.3:17; 33:3) (Rev.10:7; 8:2,6; Josh.6:4,13).
Within the symbolism of Revelation, Christ directs his faithful slaves (Rev.1:1,3; 22:7).

I trust that all awakened members of Christ, were blessed by their gathering for this sacred occasion.
I anticipate with joy, the fulfillment of prophecy, by the collecting together of the faithful, in Christ.
Love,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Apr 4 15 6:29 AM. Edited 8 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help