Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 24 14 7:06 AM

Tags : :

Pearl,

I hope this day is wonderful for you and Obadiah in some way, even if it’s a small one. I wanted to thank for your article on “world/earth/home”.  You introduced me to some great bible tools –the blueletterbible lexicon and scriptures4all.

You said, 
"Bible writers themselves have used this word "Ethnos" in a variety of ways,and obviously, translators have also.However we choose to apply and interpret this word,should be in harmony with God's perspective, the rest of prophecy, and the truth of the rest of scriptures...not according to limited assumption." 

So, I got carried away with “ethnos”, trying to see how it related to God’s home in verses like Matt 24:7 – nation rising against nation.  I had remembered reading an article about it on your blog, but upon doing a search, the article seems to be missing.

Would I have the right idea in thinking that this phrase would be regarding those of similar scriptural understanding from anointed teachers (such as all of us here on the forum…and the invisible ones) against those of another understanding (RK comes to mind and his “troop”)?
Matt 20:25, though, really changes my perspective since so many translation use “ethnos” as primarily “Gentiles”, then nations, heathens, non-Jewish people and a few more.

“25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. “ NKJV

It occured to me, that this can apply to the GB, who exercise authority over God's home, other anointed ones  (as well as Gentiles)   .Am I right in thinking that "ethnos"  is meaning  a particular multitude within the Israel of God for this particular scripture?  Or am I missing the mark completely?  

Please don't put this question at the top of your list.  My grandchildren have given me patience by the buckets full. :)

Love,
peely
I keep losing some of my editing.  Hopes this makes sense.

Last Edited By: peely Jul 24 14 7:13 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 24 14 8:59 AM

Updated :)
Scriptures are enabled as links for reading.

Ethnos is a general term. When the BIble uses it in prophecy, an accurate rendering is "people from all nations", not all people from all nations.
Now there can be faithful anointed that are from all nations (Rev.5:9,10; 7:9,15,17),
and there can be wicked persecutors from all nations (Rev.11:9; 17:15). 
Obviously, this is not the same group, although both groups, are international, and can be partially described by the word "Ethnos"
I'm sorry about the searchbox. I have changed it a few times when it stops working completely. Yet I find it is limited in getting all the desired search results.
Google has vendored out some of it's services, and the WT has jumped at the chance to get in the door to control some of the software and tools being used by us out here.
They can offer their services for free, and how would Google grasp their true intentions?

Back to the subject.
Yes. "kingdom against kingdom" means sparring dominions under their own "king".
The kings of the earth, are those chosen by Christ to have authority and power against Satan and his seed
(Rev.1:5; 5:10; 3:21; 1John5:4; 1Cor.15:57; Eph.2:6; Luke10:19; Matt.16:19).
If we use the "little" royal power, knowledge, and authority well (Rev.3:8; Luke10:19); we will be granted the full reward of an eternal dominion over all creation (Matt.13:12).
Previously to becoming sealed, is the time of testing. What we do with the "little" spirit and truth we are given (Luke16:10; Matt.25:23; 28:19,20)
will determine the judgment of Christ during our inspection by the Master.
Once sealed, we enter the marriage feast of full provisions, because we have proven our desire to obey in serving God exclusively and fully.
For these, the "tree of life" is again within reach. The hidden manna and morning star is also given them in their hearts.
These rely exclusively on the spirit of the truth, which is sourced in God's Word alone, just as Christ did not speak of his own originality.
It comes to us from the Father, and through the "vine"/root, Christ (see John chapter 15) by means of holy spirit (Rom.11:17) and faithful "pruned"/refined branches (John15:2).
Some branches get "lopped off" completely, for not providing fine fruit (according to the standards just mentioned).
They have left their unity with the "head", Christ, and this divine arrangement of provisions through the arrangement of Christ's body.
These self-centered puffed up "kings" have nothing of value to offer, and will be recognized by such "fruit". 

Clearly, those teaching demonic lies are brought into battle with those who defend the truth (Rev.16:13-16; 17:14; 19:11,14; 12:7,8,10,11).
That battle, yes, is mentioned at Matt.24:7,
and this can be read about in more depth, at pearl-sign.blogspot.com, under "warfare".

Since the first century, all anointed are chosen from all nations, or from among physical Gentiles, to become spiritual Jews (Rom.2:28,29; Gal.3:29; Rom.9:6; Matt.3:9; Gal.6:16).
Yet there is also the concept of spiritual Gentiles. These have not received the circumcision of the heart by spirit, and are forbidden to serve in the Temple as anointed priests.
These can also be referred to as the "Nations"/Gentiles.
God makes his home among the PHYSICAL GENTILES/SPIRITUAL JEWS as the abiding place/Temple of His spirit (1Cor.3:16; Eph.2:20,21,22).
Those words which contain the word for "home" are commonly translated, not as Nations/Gentiles, but as "earth" and "world".
This is not the Greek word "Ethnos", but rather
"oikoumenEs" and "katoikountas"
The "earth" and "world" (poor translations of "home"), are the dwelling of God's spirit.
That place can also be referred to as from all nations "Ethnos", as a description of that "home",
but that is not the same Greek word for home/earth/world.
I'm afraid you may have the word "oikou" mixed up with "Ethnos". They are not the same.
The home is made up of people from all nations,
but so is the group of wicked made up of all nations.
So Ethnos is not interchangeable with Oikou (homeland).
      (For example, you may describe your home as brick, but this does not mean that all brick homes are yours.
        Ethnos is a description that can fit many groups composed of many nations, but only one international group, is God's home.)
 (http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2014/07/world-earth-home.html).

But yes...the spiritual "nations" battle [God's Nation/seed (Heb.13:14; 12:22,23; John15:19; 1Pet.2:10; 1:23; John13:35; Rom.8:5,6)
against Satan's seed/Nation (John8:44; Rev.9:11; 2Thess.2:3; James4:4; 1John2:15; 4:20; James3:15)],
("kingdom against kingdom") due to the opposing forces of invited kings, based upon the spirit in their mouth,
whether that be the spirits/teachings of demons (Rev.16:13-16),
of the spirit/teachings of God (Matt.10:20; John20:22). This battling is the very essence of Armageddon.

Now your reference to Matt.20:25 is where this gets interesting...

“25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. “

But if you check how the meticulous physician Luke recorded Christ's words, he wrote...
"Jesus said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors." (Luke22:25)

Was Jesus so concerned here, that his disciples would take public office, or was he pointing to a spiritual arrogance among God's flock,
such as he warned against before (Mark8:15; Matt.5:20). "Herod" and the "Pharisees" exercized a rulership, among God's people.
THIS is what Christ was referring to.
Now lets peel it back further....
These exercising unfounded authority and oppressive restraint, "call themselves benefactors"!
This is a very important detail,
because it is a vital portion of prophecy.
This is the very same stature and position held by the false prophet/two-horned wild beast, who actually IS, OVER the GENTILE wild beast. (Rev.13:1,11)
Who does this one who is "lording" over the Gentiles, "benefit"??
In speaking of this two-horned Beast...

"12 He exerts all the power and right of control of the former beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell upon it to exalt and deify the first beast (Gentile), whose deadly wound was healed, and to worship him." (Rev.13:12)

Now look at an interlinear of verses 14 and 15:
 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev13&version=MOUNCE
There it says that lying signs are performed by the "Two-horned" Beast, "on behalf of" ("enopion") the first Gentile Beast!

Confirmation comes in a second scripture...
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev19&version=MOUNCE
at Rev.19:20. There this same benefactor of the Gentile Wild Beast is then called, "the False Prophet".
He performs the very same lying signs as the dragon-tongued two-horned Beast. They are the same identity...
and they are both a "benefactor" to the Gentiles.

So, we see clearly, that a false prophet who appears to be a lamb of Christ (but speaks like a dragon -Rev.13:11)
is a benefactor to the Gentile Wild Beast.
Surely Jesus knew what was to come, and he did not want his anointed disciples to have any part in this (1Cor.6:15) (2Cor.11:2-4) (Rev.14:4).
Yet we know that not all successfully stay unstained by this arrangement (Rev.2:20-22; 17:1-2).
The "ten kings" are deceived by this false prophet, and give their crowns to the Gentile Beast (Rev.17:12,17; 13:1),
losing their kingdom inheritance by preferring to rule with the deified Gentile Beast.
Their alliance with the Gentile WIld Beast will not only bring them into battle with the Lamb and his faithful (Rev.17:14);
their alliance will also take down the last Harlot/two-horned Beast/False Prophet,
who enabled it to rule with it's illusion/Image of divinity (Rev.17:1, 16-17).
....and yes, this is the GB who has enabled the Gentile Organization to appear to be "spirit-directed" ("pneuma"= breath/spirit) (Rev.13:15; John20:22),
in contrast to/counterfeit imitation of, the True Temple and Body of Christ.
How this ties in with your question about the "Nations", I am not clear.
I am hoping that somehow, by laying these details out for you,
I have covered what you were asking about. If not, please just clarify, and I'll try again.

Our Father's love, protection, and grace keep with you Peely,
Love,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Aug 15 15 5:46 AM. Edited 23 times.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 5 14 6:06 AM

Hi Pearl,

Thank you so much for giving more insight and understanding on Matt 20:25 and comparing it with Luke 22:25.  All of this narrows the focus down to the prophesy specifics concerning God’s Temple.  I wish many out there – other anointed ones and all searching for spiritual truth – could see this.  More focus seems to be given on the generalization of all religion, with no sights on how the New Covenant will be fulfilled according to Christ.  Even this battle that rages is disguised well by Satan himself.

One scripture that I had to look up was James 4:4.  There “world” appears to come from the root word kosmou, which also could mean system or arrangement – which possibly refers to the arrangement in place at the time. 

“Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.”
Please correct me if I am wrong in my thinking, but I see this as specifically referring to the arrangement set in place by the beast and harlot in all its wicked, adulterated glory, and how it has desecrated the Temple.  

I have so much to learn and study, Pearl.  I pray for help and patience on God’s part each day.  Also, at the same time, I am amazed and so grateful that I was lead to pure waters of truth.  I hope never to take that for granted and let personal ideas and philosophies of others, or even my own, lead me from the true vine of Christ.

As always, thank you for your help.   

Much love,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 15 15 5:57 AM

Dear Peely,
Although this post has a different central subject, it contains Jesus' definition of the reference "world", and the scriptures which prove what he was actually referrng to when using that Greek word. You will see that the word translated as "world", actually referred to the Jewish system which was active and in place, in the time of Christ. That "world" ended, in 70 CE. This accurate definition of "world", sheds light on so many other words of Christ, such as being "no part of the world", and, "if the world hates you", etc..
I hope you will sort through the statements and scriptures within this post,
to discover which "world" Jesus was actually referring to. This has a bearing on the "world" referred to, at James4:4.

http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2012/08/question-sister-pearl-nice-to-finally.html

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 18 15 8:17 AM

Thank you, Pearl.  I linked this entire thread to a post on a forum. That is such a good article on neutrality which goes so much further than what those in the organization even begin to consider.

Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.
John 2:15-17

This is from the Watchtower 13 4/15  "Do Not Tire Out" -
We should always remember that it is an honor to be part of Jehovah’s organization in these last days! 
Jehovah is guiding us today by means of his visible organization under Christ. Our attitude toward this arrangement demonstrates how we feel about the issue of sovereignty.  Worship God pg 134-135

....................Pride....................

It is not at all about an organization, but as your article brings out it is about humility, love, and truth
Your words:

To have true Christian "neutrality", is to imitate Christ in humility, love, and truth ( 2 Pet.1:8).
If we do not possess these things, we are a part of Satan's world, and are imitating his spirit...
Pride, hatred, and deception.

Ironically, in the "God's Love" book under "How to Keep Separate from the World" the statement is made:

As true Christians, we have dedicated our life to God, not to any human, human institution, or nation.
..............Deception..................

How is that statement even made in light of the baptismal question
Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization
.................Hatred.....................

Yes,hatred.  No true humility, love or truth is shown with that statement.  Only blasphemy.  

Thank you very much, Pearl, for bringing this topic back to my attention.

love,
peely

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help