Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 19 14 7:44 PM

Tags : :

Hi All,
Just wanted to let you know that Obe and I are holding up. We feel like we are crawling at times. He is healing as expected and will start physical therapy next week.
Unfortunately, I find I am able to do less and less lately. The pain is pretty intense, and just about all the time. Sleep is difficult.
I have another avenue to try out...a special hospital was recommended, so I'll see if they can help.
I hope to get my post rate up again as.soon as possible. I hope you all are holding up and doing well.
Please drop me a note when you can, or else post one here to let me know how you are all doing.
Love in our Lord,
Pearl

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Feb 23 14 10:21 PM

Thank-you so much for the update.  I don't know what to say, but I forgot to tell Obadiah how much I appreciated that he answered my post and others so soon after surgery.  And Pearl thank-you for everything.  

Love,
Debbie

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 24 14 3:57 AM

Hi bro. Obadiah,

What a relief it is that you are getting better in pain.
I hope sis. Pearl will also recuperate from her painful illness.

May our father treat both of you with tender affection.

see ya image

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 4 14 1:10 PM

Pearl and Obadiah,

Keep us informed on the progress of both of you!  I so appreciate this update otherwise the worry of wondering is just too much.  Obadiah, the pain of physical therapy has got to be short lived, I hope that's the case anyway.  Pearl, please take care not to overdo all that needs to be done... cross cookie baking off your list - I've got it covered!

Love and concern,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 6 14 11:16 PM

Glad you are doing well with your recovery Obadiah. Hopefully physical therapy won't be too painful. My dearest Pearl, sounds like you are taking good care of "dad". I am sad to hear you are still in pain and are slowing down. Is the hospital you were talking about for you? If you need help around the house, chores, or with shopping I will be more than happy to help you. You both need your rest and I will be available to take the burden of house work off your shoulders. We bought a new vehicle so I don't have to work around my husband's work schedule. I love you both and hope to see you soon.
Love,
Jessica @>----8------

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 20 14 11:19 AM

Got a new post up today. Please let me know if something is not clear. It's a heavy subject.
Spring is here, and it is such a beautiful contrast to the long Winter.
There was a baby hummingbird on my nectar feeder for hours today, learning to use it.
His daddy visited often to check on him.
Hopefully each of us can take a few minutes to appreciate the refreshing creation, a gift of God.
It reminds us of His love and care for us, and shines through even through our tribulations.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 23 14 3:57 AM

Wondering how you all are doing.
I wanted to let you know that I received the questions about the following scriptures....
Romans 8:29,30 – Eph 1:5 – Eph 1:11
and will write about them as soon as I am done with what I received yesterday....about "How to Survive".
Obe is back to work. My elbow does not need surgery...just a brace, physical therapy and anti-inflammatory. 
This year, "Jehovah's Witnesses" are having their International Conventions.
Who feels able to help to give a witness at this gathering? It may be the last opportunity for the captives to wake up.
It is certainly easier to reach them all when they gather to one place. 
For those interested, please contact me by means of the form at the Main Page of "4Woman"...
http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com

Hoping to hear from each of you when you have time.
Please welcome our newest member, Barb,
in the "Welcome" thread, where she put her first post.
Love,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey May 24 14 6:58 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 30 14 1:45 PM

Sorry I didn't put those posts up yet. Really feeling sick the past two days. Bad headache and fever, and it just seems too much to write at times.
Probably the Lupus.
I will get to it ASAP. I hope you all are doing alright, and hope to hear from you.
I did get to reply to an allexperts question, which should be public tomorrow.
It is from another called one. It is encouraging to see more waking up.
Love,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jun 13 14 4:39 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 3 14 1:57 PM

I've stopped in each day to see how things are for all of you. I haven't had much time to write here, due to the work.
I look forward to the relief of being finished, but I think I may have a long way to go.
We should all pray for more workers to be sent out into the harvest.
There are many who are still "standing around" waiting for work, yet the Master will take you into the field, even at this late hour, if you are available.
I know we are all heavily occupied with the urgency of the hour, but it is good to see you pop up here and there as each of you are able.
I have so many projects I am working on at the same time...my head is a very busy place. It seems I have no room for the present, or even my physical state.
I just told Obe, that I can't wait to shed this old body. It weighs me down and holds me back all the time.
He said he loves to get up in the morning to the sound of my keyboard. Now how many men are that supportive?
When he speaks to me, my usual response is a grunt, because I am usually so deep in thought as I work.
I can hardly keep up with the rush of thoughts and the scriptures which accompany them.
When I edit, I remember some that I didn't get down before I moved on.
All of it is God's provision. I just try to be a vessel with no leaks, and a large capacity.
I think of God's promise, that our cup will overflow, and the floodgates of heaven will open. I hope that means that if I forget or miss some of it, it's okay.
It will take me a lifetime to record it all. I will do my best, and trust that the Father will establish whatever pleases His Will and purpose.
Thank you for all your prayers. I know my work completely depends upon the wisdom and strength of God.
I pray for you also, that you keep busy in fine work, to the salvation of as many as possible.
Love to all,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jun 3 14 2:01 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 8 14 5:22 AM

Pearl, 
I love your pictures attached to comments.  The hummingbird baby is a great one!  The birds at our house this year seem to be in abundance with many new ones arriving.  I heard the butterfly population is dwindling to practically nothing.  If it wasn’t for the hope of the kingdom I would be in tears daily over the condition of the earth.  Man’s fingerprint has smudged every corner of it.  

Thank you for keeping us abreast of your physical condition; I am sure I speak for all of us that you are in our prayers, as well as Obadiah.  After all, his love of the sound of your keyboard must not be squelched!  
Love,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 9 14 9:14 AM

I too grieve deeply over the gross disrespect humanity is showing toward God's marvelous gift of the earth.
It is difficult to keep from being consumed with grief in this age of such violence and cruelty toward all life and what sustains it.

Yes, I am very grateful for Obe. I do take time out to give him the love and attention he deserves.
Regarding the test of my body, I take each day, one at a time.
The prayers of all, mean everything to me.
I am so thankful for all those shown grace
   both of the wheat,
and of the vine.

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jun 9 14 9:20 AM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 17 14 5:48 AM

Hello everyone,

How are all of you?  As I go about the day, I think of how we all are holding up.  I wanted to say a belated congratulation, Modise, on the birth of your little one.  Has sleep for all but the baby eluded you?

Also, Ryan, Joe, Satoshi, Rus, I miss seeing your posts.  In physical proximity you, Joe, are just “over the hill”, Satoshi you are on the other side of the earth from me!  And Ryan….I have no idea.  Yet we all come together at the tap of a key. 

Satoshi, I re-read your account, “A trail I pass through” and I so appreciate these words of yours:

“ The trail I came in line with the realty of Satan's world
There are Satan's influence or sprit and lie everywhere in this Satan's world in which we are.
From the time of very beginning of the human family, it exists.
None of us can escape from that effect.
Our life in the Satan's system is the seeking for the truth in many lies.
And God provides the truth.
The lie can't overpower the truth.
So the truth lover can be led out of the lie.
It is continual process until all lie is done away with.”

I finished a short letter to my niece yesterday explaining just that – how Satan has his hand in every aspect of this world we live in.  As truth reaches focus and eventually becoming vivid in our lives, so does the glaring lie of Satan.  The distinct line between darkness and light is no longer a gray area and prophesy fulfillment becomes evident.  I hope you guys are all well; I will look for your comments on other sites, but would love to see your hello here as well.

Berucha, how are you and your son?  Deborah, Jessica, Michelle, Barb, Micky – who am I missing? – you are all in my prayers.

Obadiah, just wanted to say hello to you also; hoping that the shoulder is becoming more amiable and working with you, not against you!  Pearl, thanks very much for the recent article on the Good News.  I do look forward to subsequent articles on the subject.  Wow, Satan has created a whopper of a lie to throw us off course to the real meaning of Matt 24:14.  Thank you for referring us to the scripture4all.org – clicking the link didn’t work but typing in the basic address did.  What a great research tool. 

Personally, I am working on those fruitages of the spirit as well as thinking of what brother or sister from my past I can contact through letter writing.  Has anyone been on Beroean Pickets lately?  It is a gathering place of so much sorrow over the “detestible things” within the organization, just one of many sites of those experiencing the same.  

I think of you all frequently.
Love to you all,
peely

Last Edited By: peely Jun 17 14 5:51 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 18 14 11:18 PM

Hi everyone,
 Hi Peely, thanks for thinking of us in your prayers, it means a lot to me especially as I haven’t been awake long & the chasm between us & our friends still enslaved to the beast is growing.
Hi Pearl, thank you so much for the article on preaching the good news. After saying I was relieved on reading your article “Discerning the Body” that  we weren’t all to be teachers, it still worries me that I still can’t think how I can contribute, so I am really looking forward  to parts  2 & 3. Though I must say I am quite drawn to the idea that a lot of different exJW’s have implemented in writing an open letter (or series of letters) to the GB & posting it on the internet for all to read about what is scripturally wrong with the org & the ways that the ordinary rank & file are suffering through the unloving, unjust  & unscriptural man made doctrines. Letters like these could have a double benefit, delivering Gods judgement messages about  their unfaithfulness & also helping to wake up those that love scriptural truth.
Love to you all & I hope everyone’s holding up ok,
Barb

Last Edited By: Barb Jun 18 14 11:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 23 14 10:03 AM

Hi Barb,

Out of curiosity I googled letters to the governing body that you had mentioned and came across what seemed to be a popular one a few years ago.  It did seem to get a lot of attention.  I think the hard thing for people to focus on is the spiritual meaning of prophesy that we here, for instance, have opened our eyes to.   Satan fights against the revealing of real truth behind the hypocrisy by shutting down efforts to make his upcoming demise known.   

That appears to be the reason why Pearl has been banned from forums, and why some who see the light tend to fall back into darkness.  It reminds me of Pearl’s vision of the great winepress, where some in the line to destruction looked briefly toward light only to turn back to the path of destruction.   If you go the route of writing an addressed letter to the governing body, it would be great if you share it with all of us.  The double benefit there could be multiplied many times over.

I think we are all in a growth pattern in understanding just what is God's will for us.  In algebra, there are numbers, operations, variables...
and right and wrong answers!  I just want to plug in the right formula to make my own spirituality compute correctly, leading to the right answers for others to understand.  The variables we face in life can throw us off course; the operations we chose can inhibit us if we allow it; and well, I guess we should analyze if the numbers actually add up, leading us to the answer - that of carrying out God's will in the way He has determined.  One can only lean on, and work with, the Father to assure we are successful.

Blessing for you, Barb, and all -

peely

Last Edited By: peely Jun 23 14 10:14 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 25 14 8:20 AM

Hello to all of you.
Thank you for all of your prayers, without which I am sure my struggle would be more difficult.
I continue only on the strength, grace, and wisdom of God.
I have my original GB letter around here someplace, but thought I would release the contents of it's many subjects, one at a time in a dedicated post for each subject.
Most of the ideas it contained, have already been released in this way.
I did not release the info. in it's original form so as not to be identified by the Society, which I feared would endanger the completion of my work.
"Pearl Doxsey" is the name I was born with, but not the married name I had inside the Org.
I know of a few chosen ones who have posted their letters, but I think they can only be found within their own blog.
Such a search result would not return most of these few,
because most of such blogs have a very low google rating.

Dear Peely,
As we grow in the discernment of the will of God, even in simple things which are not unique to us as individuals,
this alone begins to clarify our own individual path within our own life circumstances.
As we apply what we are learning, striving to obey the progressive revealing of the mind of Christ, our own path clarifies.
As we grow in love and self-sacrifice, we find ourselves supporting others more. Our own place begins to clarify.
Here is a scripture from the book of Romans, chapter 12...

"8 If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you have money, share it generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. 9 Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. 10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. 11 Never be lazy in your work, but serve the Lord enthusiastically. 12 Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful. 13 When God's children are in need, be the one to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner or, if they need lodging, for the night. 14 If people persecute you because you are a Christian, don't curse them; pray that God will bless them. 15 When others are happy, be happy with them. If they are sad, share their sorrow. 16 Live in harmony with each other. Don't try to act important, but enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all! 17 Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. 18 Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible."

We may ask..."How can we know what our gift is?"

When we see ourselves doing the work which comes natural to us, and we see that it is having good results...."building up the body" of Christ (Eph.4:11-13),
we begin to discern where we fit.
Often if we just look around at those striving to prove faithful, we will perceive a need...a way in which we can help and support...a void that no one has yet fulfilled.
This is spirit at work, showing how we can show mercy to others.
As we see others benefit from what only we can offer, we have begun to find our place.

We may think that we must find our "label" before we can begin to work;
but really,
if we focus instead on what we are able to perceive as an unmet need with our beloved family,
ways that others need support,
and we strive to meet that need...
we are likely working just where God has placed us.
What results do we see when we do this? Are others of the body, thankful and comforted? Then we have found our place.

How I long for the end...I am so tired, worn out, and in pain.
But how it sustains us when we continue to be a vessel of God's sublime spirit which keeps us going.
Our present tribulation will make our rescue, and the receiving of the promised love of God, all the sweeter.
Let us view our present slavery to God as a fleeting precious opportunity, to prove our love for Him as we reflect His glorious light.

Psalm 110:2,3

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jun 25 14 8:29 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 26 14 4:02 AM

Hi all,
Hi Peely, Hi Pearl, about 6 months ago before I completely gave up hope on the wts, I was actually ½ way through writing a letter to bethel or the gb or whoever ends up getting these letters. That was when I thought the problems were only local & I was trying to explain about the “status” issues & how badly the sick & “weak” & those who aren’t related to prominent families are treated. & then I was about to explain to them the ways in which the gb is being worshiped by the rank & file when it dawned on me that I couldn’t remember them ever publishing anything warning us not to worship them or think too much of them & realized of course they would know they are being worshiped, people line up at assemblies to have their photos taken with them etc. So the penny finally dropped that the reason they didn’t publish articles warning us about making idols of them is because they want to be worshiped. So I never finished the letter & that, if I remember correctly, was the final straw when I realized I had to look elsewhere for those that would have God’s favour. If I did write a letter to the gb now of course it would be completely different to the one I started 6 months ago.
Though I like to look at some of the other web sites to see what’s going on, now I fully understand how many diversions & traps Satan has set for those escaping the wts. Some of these sites are baited with a bit of truth but like you said Peely most ignore Bible prophecy, but if prophecy wasn’t important God wouldn’t have put it in the Bible. Everything in the Bible is important; we can’t pick out parts & ignore the rest. But having said that a lot of these sites are really useful, that was a great link in (I think it was Modise’s question) from an ex elder about the elders school aprox 3years ago, about the wts pecking order, WOW!!! No wonder there is problems, they tell us rank & file we’re all equal, & in private they say they are superior to us & can never be wrong!!!! We did notice a really bad turn for the worse amongst the elders & their family members straight after that elders school & wondered what they were taught there. We printed out his experience & are going to give it to some people still inside. We loved the comment someone else made where they added to the wt hierarchy list, under publishers comes, in order of importance; dead dogs, publishers in need, single sisters, & lowest of all new anointed.
Thanks Pearl for the further information on knowing our place in the body of Christ. It’s given us much to think & pray about, I’m so sorry to hear how much you’re suffering, I know only too well how long term illness wears us down emotionally & physically,
Love to everyone, we pray for you all often, Barb

Last Edited By: Barb Jun 26 14 4:10 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 26 14 5:31 AM

Yes Barb,
If I had to pick a defining moment when I woke up to the fact that I could no longer remain in complacent harmony with the GB,
it was the same.
It was the natural inclination of my heart's prayers, to express my gratitude to the Father. After all, James tells us:
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James1:17)
Yet at this one meeting, just about every talk, each speaker would say, "Aren't we grateful to the 'Slave'", for bla, bla, bla.
Whatever supposed good advice, results in the ministry, positive suggestion...
these were all credited to the governing body.
Finally when the question was asked again...
"Aren't we grateful to the Slave???"....I heard my heart yell in my head, "NO!!!!! Never! We must give all thanks to God for everything good, because He is the source of our life!" (Rev.14:7)
And then I felt so filthy that I was sitting there, listening to these enticements to idolatry.
And how deceptive to call the GB the "slave", when in truth, they are the masters and we were the slaves.

Yes...I thought the same thing.
The leaders not only know what's going on, they expect it. An elder who attended the Annual Meeting in 2011, told me of the shameless rally of the GB (Eze.16:30; Jer.3:3) (Luke17:10,9);
when they called to the audience to "Close ranks with the governing body!"....inciting all to side with them, defend them, and build up their image among the congregations.
In their exclusive focus on the rewards of this world, they have utterly forgotten their God! (1John2:15,16,17; James4:16; 1Cor.5:6)  
(1Pet.5:6; Luke18:13,14; Eze.17:24; 21:26; Dan.4:17; 7:25,18)
Jesus clearly told us,
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
It would seem that they are not focused on helping their students to seek out and understand God's righteousness, but rather, seek to establish their own "righteous" reputation in the minds of their slaves. 
Rom.10:3 reads;
"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."

No wonder the relationship between the Beast and Harlot is spoken of as spiritual "fornication".
Their efforts are entirely focused on their own images, and lusting after what they do for eachother.
But like any fornication based upon selfish lust; they will soon tire of the other in disgust
(Eze.23:22,28-30,35; 16:37; Rev.17:16)(Rom.1:18,19,21,24,25,31,32).

Although people are beginning to recognize some of these things,
most fail to recognize that God saw these things long before them,
and wrote about them in prophecy.
If only they could connect the two.

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jun 27 14 5:31 AM. Edited 7 times.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 26 14 7:18 PM

Yes. This reminds me of the "froglike expressions" and how they evolve.
To think the WT started out in Brooklyn, with a huge sign on the building,
"Read God's Word the Bible Daily".
Now it's...."Make sure you keep up with your daily text."

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 28 14 12:19 AM

Hi everyone,

Hi Pearl, I also felt contaminated just by listening to some of the comments at the meetings especially in the last year or so. One woman said “aren’t we grateful to the gb for the example of Korah…” I was truly stunned, what was she saying? The gb wrote the bible now??? 2cor6;16-18 certainly applies to them. It was a great relief to me when I realised God actually wanted us to flee the org/Jerusalem.

& Michelle you’re so right, the thing that started to wake me up was listening to tapes of the bible over & over while I was working. So I came to realise from listening to them the people God was angry with for their unfaithfulness were HIS people. When talking about those He was going to bring judgement on He was using the words; my people, my shepherds, the people that bear my name, & especially ezek8;6,16,  9;6 where He talks about His Sanctuary, His Sanctuary is not in Christendom. I shared these scriptures & thoughts with others so I’ve probably been known as an apostate behind my back for a decade or more.  
 & you’re right too about applying bible teachings rather than jw doctrine made it impossible to fit in. I was so impressed with Jesus sermon on the mount particularly thoughts like Matt6;1-6 & I wanted Gods favour so much more than acceptance from the elders that I was determined not to give them or their families any undue honour or treat them any better than ordinary bro’s. I always knew if you want to fit in its mandatory to regularly praise the gb & anyone prominent & my husband & I always refused to do this.

I think another thing that helped me wake up was that towards the end I found the info at meetings & in the publications so uninteresting, irrelevant, & inaccurate that my mind would always wander at meetings & I barely read any literature anymore, or just skimmed through it, yet I never tired of reading or listening to the bible. So this would have protected me from staying as indoctrinated as the others.  It breaks my heart to hear some old friends quoting wt’s & “the brothers” as though they were inspired & yet never mention what the bible says on issues. I’m sure it’s deliberate that the org keeps people so busy with all the meetings & prestudy etc that they don’t have time to read the bible or if they do to actually stop & think about what they just read & what it really is saying.

Love to everyone, image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help