Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 23 14 7:39 PM

Tags : :

.....Or Disfellowshipping 101.  Tonight at the local Kingdom Hall, it will be announced that I am disfellowshipped.  Or do the say "no longer a part of the organization of JW's", and do they announce "for apostasy"?

After learning so much about our true hope of the Kingdom to come through people like Pearl, Belongingtojah, Obadiah, Okinawa, as well as Jahsdisciple and whom I would really like to hear from someday, I realized it was time to make a stance, a very LOUD stance in support of our Heavenly Father and Christ Jesus.  Keep in mind, I am a shy person.  Making this endeavor could only happen with the blessing of Holy Spirit.

I had already been shunned by individual "friends" for speaking up to them, pouring my heart out to them, but I realized it wasn't enough.  I live in a beautiful area, (which I wish I could share with all of you) so frequently I have the opportunity to walk the dog where the bears, lions and bobcats roam.  It is the best place to approach the Father in prayer.  As I asked the Father for direction - for further understanding of His will - it came to me that I needed to get my heart in order, and removing the mark of the Beast was necessary. (Rev 13:15,16)  At the same time, I realized just what a sinner I had been - how could our God ever forgive my sins that weighed me down so heavily?

So, first attack I had to take was to come to the realization through scriptures that God forgives all sins, including the sin of idolatry.  The seriousness of that sin continues to grow clearer in its meaning.  I have gone back to read Pearl's article "Are You Ready" (http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/09/are-you-ready.html
to get it sunk in my head just how grave of a sin it is (Ex 34:12)

Secondly, I realized I had to get busy and remove the other heavy burden - the mark of the Beast in order to show my exclusive loyalty to God and His Son.

Letter started flying out my door, addressed not only to friends, but to elders and their wives near and far.  I must say, after just around three years of no shepherding, the elders appeared as "locusts" but failed to make physical contact.  A notice of a certified letter waited at the post office on this last Monday, which I chose to ignore.

Yesterday, these elders chose a sneaky way to reach me.  It so happens that my neighbor uses an alarm system installed by a company owned by an elder.  I am on her call list in case she's not home and I have dutifully showed up to her house to respond when needed.  The dilemma hit quickly as to whether to answer the ringing phone, as I would have felt pretty horrible if it had been truly an emergency call. 

Four elders were waiting on the other end.  First question, do you consider yourself one of Jehovah's Witnesses.  I said I don't consider myself a member of the WBTS, but have complete faith in the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  Then, well, since Pearl has been an unfailing support in all of this, I wrote her an email after the call:

Pearl, there were FOUR of them on the call!  They kept referring to the original congregations being organized and the "governing body" at the time period as well as dealing with the circumcision issue.  I handled it as best I could, as well as mentioning Paul's preaching being directed by Holy Spirit and even cut them off saying my mind is set.  I kept asking them who was their head, Christ or the "faithful and discreet slave"?  Give me scriptural evidence that an earthly organization is needed to accomplish God's will.  No answer on either!  As they used 1 Pet 5:2, I reminded them of 5:4 and who actually received the crown.  Answer, well all of the early apostles were anointed.  (But what about now?)  Even 1914 was thrown in.  They are so blind!  And I had so much hope that one might see a glimmer of truth.

You can imagine how hard it was to not only pray to Jah for calmness and support but at the same time listen to the question in order to answer, but eventually my voice reached a calm level and the hands stopped shaking.  I told the elders that I knew this wasn't easy for them but that it was ok; I wasn't changing my mind not matter what.  It seemed to me that it was obvious how Holy Spirit is so distant from the elders.  As I read Gideon's account of the 300 men that Obadiah had mentioned in his last article, Jah's power is ALL we need to accomplish the preaching work.  God's power is evident through the entire Bible, and while we read that Bible while in the org, it is not until THIS POINT in one's life, I believe, does a person realize just what it means.  Then, faith in the Father and Son fall in line so completely.

This the kicker friends, I was told that I was being disfellowshipped for apostasy, but at any time in the future I might change my mind, I am welcome to speak to the elders about re-instatement.  As I related this to my husband, who at one point was an elder, he was astonished.  He said, "don't they know their own doctrine?  Apostasy is an unforgiveable sin and yet they gave you an invitation to return."  Not that it really matters!

I am guessing most of you have already been through this, but for those who haven't I hope beyond hope that you appeal to the brothers and sisters within this little congregation of love for support to help you through it.  After I had written my note to Pearl, I felt a beautiful calm - no fear, no anxiety - that told me I had successfully removed the mark of the Beast.

Love,
peely

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jan 24 14 12:08 PM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 24 14 6:25 AM

Good morning, everyone.  I realize I should have posted the above under Introductions and Experiences.  Sorry about that.  I would also be greatly benefited if there are others who would share their experience in this regard.  We learn from each other!

Thought I'd share another little event from yesterday.  I know I have an incredible amount to learn and focus on spiritually.  Each day I ask the Father to direct me if He wills it through the pages of the Bible.  Yesterday, I turned to Joel.  What popped out to me was this:

"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten - the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm - my great army that I sent among you.  
You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed.  Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed."  Joel 2:25-27

Peace and love to all of you this day,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 24 14 8:40 AM

Hi Peely,

May you be blessed for your standing up and worshipping the Father in spirit and truth.

I don't have a lot of time right now but I will say that I went through this 8 years ago. In my case it went on for about a year - several judicial meetings and a appeal that their decision to disfellowship was wrong.  I went through this process hoping that some  of their eyes would be opened.  However the disfellowshipping stood.

What a huge spiritual weight off the shoulders and as you described a wonderful peace from Yeshua and Yahweh.

It is nice to hear your experience and then of course now we all have need of endurance and continuing to grow in accurate knowledge and truth.

Have a nice day.

Joe

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 24 14 8:58 AM

Thank you, Joe.  A year long!  When you do have time I need to hear of your account; I'm sure others want to hear it also. I am confident it will be a faith strengthening read.  May Jah bless you for your endurance!

I hope you all know I meant "Gideon", not "Gilead" - lol!

love,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 24 14 12:33 PM

hi Peely and Joe,
yes it is quite a weight lifted from our shoulders...we are no longer under the beast's control...we don't obey it's commands or organizational protocol either...no need to quake at being called in to see the "elders"...not required to sit with them ...if we... choose not too,at a judicial inquisition, (as if they speak for God)...this is part of something new for them,,,they expect us to feel guilty, ashamed,head held down when they walk by like proud pharisees...instead we write letters to everyone we can in the congregation (there is no mystery there as to why we are being kicked out)..they can't conceal that no matter how they choose to announce it...this is not what they are accustomed to,,,they like to keep others in the dark abouy the reasons...this is why letters are important, if we can send them...it is important to stay loving and cheerful when we come accross old "friends" in public...some may respond in kind..others are perplexed that we are not crawling away in shame...but then they have at least heard about our letters, if not actually read them.
wow Peely,  you went up agaist 4 elders....sounds a little bit like Gideon's situation ...all be  it a little scaled down...that only shows more so God's power and not ours...
yes God will give us back even more than what these locusts have eaten up...as each one wakes up and allows the sirit to guide us instead of the organization, we are blesses more and more,,,,think of how much more real the bible is to us now than all the years that we were held captive ...how much more Jesus has opened up our minds on the meaning of the scriptures  (like 24:45)...
"New International Version
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

The Father and his Son will continue to bless us as long as we stay in union with them.

agape,
obe

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 24 14 12:53 PM

Dear Peely,

I have peace and joy at your demonstration of faithfulness.This is a huge witness before Christ.
The enormity of what it means to him, that you have followed in his footsteps, is immeasurable.
The meaning of Christ's words at Mark8:35 is unmistakable, where he said;

"For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.".

Why did he say this?
Of course...because he will knew what his faithful are destined for...

"Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also.
If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."

Who was behind the persecution of Christ? Was it the Romans? No, not really.
Those Gentiles were only used as pawns by the religious leaders (Luke23:4; John19:12).
The religious leaders of God's own people are the ones who persecute God's faithful (Matt.23:37; Rev.18:24).
All that is happening now to those loyal to God, is traced back to the Governing Body.
Without their "wormwood",
the elders would not have been lead into causing this abomination.
Soon, this Wild Beast will turn around and rip "her" open as well (Rev.17:16,17). 

I am sorry for all the stress...which I know this experience causes. Be thankful it did not drag out, because those sessions are truly demonic and distressing.
Though we all hope our witness will produce saving results for someone, the scriptures tell us that the impenetrable hearts of the elders
are like stone (Rev.9:9; Zech.7:12; Rom.2:4,5; Jer.5:21; Eze.12:2; Mark4:12).
Still, we are under God's command to speak truth (Eze.12:2; 2:5; 2Tim.4:3; Zech.8:16; Eph.2:25; Ps.15:2; Mal.3:16; Matt.10:32,33).
This you have faithfully done, just as the grace of God, His Light, and His Word have lead and empowered you to do.

This day means more than the day of baptism (Ec.7:1; Rom.6:3-6). On this day, you fulfill the hardest requirement for eternal life (Rom.8:36,37; 1Cor.4:9; Rev.20:4; 2:7,26).
I am so happy for you!
We have grief over the senselessness of those who can not hear the precious truths we have been given.
But we rejoice in the chance to prove our love for Christ and the Father,
and in the wisdom and strength He has provided to us that we could accomplish that. 

If you are like me, you may go over and over in your mind, how you might have done a better job and perhaps made a difference in saving someone.
But remember...Holy Spirit was with your words, and no matter what we might think, God's will was done (Luke21:12-19). 
Thank you for posting your experience, which fulfills Bible prophecy. Such experiences are worthy of record, and aid others facing the same.

Rejoice Peely! You have been counted worthy to suffer for Christ! (Acts5:41; 2Thess.1:4-12) 
I wish I were there to give you a hug and kiss,
Pearl

Congratulations imageimage

P.S. Please excuse my editing of your post. I only removed the long gap of blank space at the bottom, and as you said, changed Gilead to Gideon :)

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jan 25 14 4:41 AM. Edited 8 times.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 24 14 2:01 PM

Hi sis. peely,

Congratulation on getting out of pseudo theocracy.

It is a faith strengthening experience isn't it?

I have a present of scriptures for you, which are well known to you.

1Co 6:14-18
14 Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Be′li·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God's temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: "I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people." 17 "'Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,' says Jehovah, 'and quit touching the unclean thing'"; "'and I will take YOU in.'" 18 "'And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,' says Jehovah the Almighty."

Eph 5:10-14
10 Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord; 11 and quit sharing with [them] in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness, but, rather, even be reproving [them], 12 for the things that take place in secret by them it is shameful even to relate. 13 Now all the things that are being reproved are made manifest by the light, for everything that is being made manifest is light. 14 Wherefore he says: "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and the Christ will shine upon you.

I hope we can help JWs' sleeper to wake up and to get out of her!

Have a good refreshing day.

see ya image

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 24 14 4:22 PM

Presents.  I LOVE presents, and especially gifts of love!  Thank you all for giving encouragement in loving words as well as scriptures we share equally in this lighted place.  What a shift as occurred in understanding these scriptures, Okinawa, and how good it is to grasp the meaning of their fulfillment.

It is still my hope that perhaps just one person who received one of my letters will awake to their false sense of security. 

Love,
peely

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Jan 24 14 4:48 PM

Yes Peely,
It is good to see that our hearts are in the right place...

Rom.12:14
"Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them."

Matt.5:43-45,48
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'  "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

How we long for others to live, as God also wishes...

Eze.18:31
"Cast away from you all the transgressions that you have committed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why will you die, O house of Israel?"

Isa.55:7; 59:20
"Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD."

Eze.18:21-23
""But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. "All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 'Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,' declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?"

We should keep praying for the blind eyes of as many as possible, to be opened.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 30 14 3:24 AM

Wow! Well done to you! It must have been a very difficult time but at the same time amazing too with regards to setting yourself free and giving praise and honour to our heavenly father and his son! Alot of elders come across very regimental and judgemental. The "Truth" has truly "set you free!"

Warm and loving regards,
Daz

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 30 14 7:19 AM

Thank you, Daz! 

My life has changed in many big ways from that event.  It seems to be the progressive nature of learning and an adjustment of the heart as Pearl had brought out.  It’s continuous; before I was ‘disfellowshipped’ I daily stressed to God that I wanted to find the ‘hidden treasure’ and even though it took a few years (could be the result of some ADD!) I found it.  I don’t let up on that desire; even now I pray that the lamp does not grow dark and that I rely on Holy Spirit to see me through the adjustments as well as keeping my path straight. 

It’s such a blessing to find likeminded ones to give support through these changes.  If some of you have no one else out there, remember you have us. 

Love,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Oct 30 14 9:56 AM

You are certainly on the right path now Peely, I think you probably always was on the right path but like so many of us ended up taking a detour along the way & was diverted but Jehovah God & Christ Jesus ushered you, me & many others back on the right track, back on the path we originally set out to be on!

God bless!
Warm & loving regards,
Daz

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 31 14 10:29 AM

Hi Peely.

Not sure how I missed it or completely forgot your story. But just finished reading your account. 
Your experience re shunning by others was particularly relateable. As I hope to relay shortly when I can sit and convey my experience that recently reached a milestone. Friends who disagreed with ruling or empathized and even agreed with my stance were willing to disassociate while others held fast.
So happy to read things have opened up for you. It is truly like waking up and the light getting brighter isn't it?

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 5 14 6:05 AM

Hi Nimity,

It is interesting that you mention some have become disassociated by your example.  I wish that was the case in my area.  Sometimes I think people are rather numb here or the expansive family connections are so tight they don’t even enter that realm of questioning. When taking care of town business, I anticipate running into someone I know, hoping to put a little seed of refreshing truth in their hand and mind if allowed; but I truly think they are hiding from me!  I will look for your account to be posted soon, when you are ready to do so!  

love,
peely

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help