Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 8 14 1:43 AM

Tags : :

Greetings to you all

It is so good to finally be in contact with the people that love the truth and don't judge one for his/her beliefs.

My name is Modise , a 28 year old married man from South Africa, Johannesburg. Baptized for 3 years now, although i have disassociated myself for the past year or two.

Life is not so easy for me because i am being called names and being labeled an apostate especially after the last district convention.

My quest for the TRUTH began after the "new light" about the "generation". I wrote to Sister D on All-experts and that led to more and more questions.

So yep we have been in contact for about two years now and i am so grateful to her for the help and patience she has had with me until now.

A luta continua (for the truth)

Love
Modise
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 8 14 8:01 AM

Welcome Modise!

Welcome to this haven of love!  We are on opposite ends of the earth yet so close in spirit.  I have read many of your good questions on All-experts which contributed to Pearl's giving all of us more understanding with her replies.  I have also seen your comments on her blog and they are all very much appreciated.  Many of your questions were my questions also.

We may be few at the moment but our connection couldn't be stronger as Holy Spirit is on our side!

I hope your wife is a good support for you to endure your persecutions locally, but rest assured we will all pray for you!

Love,
peely

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 8 14 8:19 AM

Dear Modise,
I can't tell you how happy I am that you are here with us now. I know that we can not be there with you physically, but I believe that God has provided us this ability to both preach and to gather together, by means of the internet. How necessary this has proven to be in the time of the end!
I hope we will all visit this place often, to offer to each other our support, experience, love, and wisdom;
proving a blessing to one another by means of our mutual love of Christ and his truth.
I know you are facing the persecution that Jesus warned each faithful one about at 2Tim.3:12; John15:20; and 2Cor.4:9-18...

"9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So death works in us, but life in you.
13 But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed, therefore I spoke,” we also believe, therefore we also speak, 14 knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you. 15 For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.
16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. 17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

I hope each of us finds renewed courage and power to continue to face our tribulations, until the day finally arrives when we who prove faithful are delivered. May we each assist those within our family of love and truth to endure to that end.
Love,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jan 9 14 6:50 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 9 14 6:34 PM

Greetings Modise,
Nice to see you here.  All of us come when we can, so don't worry if you don't see much traffic often.  
My name Obadiah still has jwstruggle following it... I think due to this being a YUKU forum domain.  I can't seem to just put Obadiah and a picture, but I am not too concerned as long as all know it wasn't my choice.  I haven't been to the jwstruggle, or the jwnet in a while and have no intention of going back there.  Too much dissention. I'm just looking for a place of peace.  
I am sorry to hear of the trials you are facing.  Pearl has told me about some of them.  The smaller the community you live in ...the more intense the tribulation.   Your situation is much more difficult than what we are  facing. We have lost friends and family, however here where we live you can get lost easily...not seeing any of them if you choose to.   Pearl prays for all who are dealing with these situations as do I.  May the almighty Father give you the strength and courage to endure this tribulation.  I wish he could pick you up in his arms and comfort you.  
No matter how long we have been around the WT organization...we are all still babes in God's eyes.  Pearl and I have learned more in the few short years that we have been "thrown out" than we did in all the 33 somewhat years that we were imprisoned there.  Praise goes to God's spirit and his son Jesus.  
Sister Peely is correct....our connection is strong because of Holy Spirit.  God says that it will not be by a military force (or great numbers), but by his Spirit, that we learn and grow.
May this forum be a place of peace and love.  We are here to comfort one another. We look forward to the end, but we know that this tribulation must run it's course.  Jesus said ...he that endures to the end will be saved.  He is also with us until the end.

Brotherly Love,

P.S.  I seemed to have been able to put my picture in my profile, but have yet to figure out how to fix the name.....  
Obadiah.

Last Edited By: Obadiah Jan 9 14 6:44 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 12 14 2:53 PM

Welcome Modise and Okinawa,
  I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous in that it took me all this time after 37 years to discern that the organization isn't "all that and a bag of potato chips",...lol.
We seem to be entering into a very important phase of the "great tribulation" and "Armageddon" where "those whose heart is complete toward God" have discerned  Matthew 24:15-18 in increasing numbers.

It's bad enough our families turn on us, but I can think of two people I know personally who are are barely associated and living "double lives" that think what I've done is just awful.  Neither one likes or even respects the elders, yet they still hold up the WTS as God's true organization. The "image of the beast" is alive and well! 

How encouraging to hear from you guys and even though we're separated geographically, we're connected by:
(Romans 8:37-39) "for I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in God's creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord".

Love in Christ,
Ryan

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 12 14 5:22 PM

Hi, bro. Ryan

Thank you for your welcoming us.
You also made a good research of the WTS, and found they are a pseudo theocracy, right?

It has passed 100 years since 1914 that was the beginning of the last days according to the faulty interpretation of the WTS.

The WTS has become not able to deceive JWs no more with its increasing light.
Now is the time of peeling off the overcoated lies of the false prophecy by them.

Many JWs will come out from the branch of the Babylon the great from now on.
I'm looking forwarded to the movement of this.

You have a nice day, bother

see ya image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 12 14 10:26 PM

Good morning to you all

Obe, Peely, elsinore777 thank you for the warm welcome.

elsinore777 i love your sense of humor.

Okinawa and Gravevine welcome to the "haven of love"

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 13 14 2:09 PM

Thanks for that my brother,....I hope too that many more will stream to the "Mountain of God' and find refuge.
We'll be waiting here for them with open arms and open hearts.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jan 13 14 10:23 PM

After reading some of the experiences in this forum I would like to take a minute to expand on mine.

I never really like to read, period. I think that was the main reason I used to believe everything I used to hear and read that was from WTS.

Everything changed after a study session with a brother I was studying with, he was a full time pioneer. He was trying to explain Rev 20:5 to me but I couldn't understand everything he was saying. We tackled that verse in two study sessions, until I gave up and gave in to his explanation. Then there was the district convention and the GB came up with the “new light” regarding the generation and that is when I took to the internet and came across Brother Rando (an “anointed” brother from All-Experts) after not getting a satisfactory answer from him I came across Pearl's profile and I asked her the same question. I was intrigued by the way she explained it according to scripture and how detailed it was and that lead to more and more questions afterwards.

Later that year, during the memorial I asked one of the MS why a certain brother that partook was not an elder and the answer he gave was really not what I was hoping for. I mean how could a brother that is anointed have to qualify to be an MS or elder if God chose him for a purpose way too important than that? Regardless of that Pearl explained to me how the elder/ms and anointed relationship was supposed to be like.

Just want to say this to all that have left WTS:- we must keep in mind Rev 18:4 “we must flee” and once we have no matter the pressure from those we left behind and no matter the insults we must not turn back like Lot's wife did and that we must keep in mind John 4:23, 24, the time is now that we must worship the Father in spirit and truth, we don't need WTS.

With that said, may you all have a great day and Jesus and his Father prove to be with you

Love
Modise

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 14 14 8:15 PM

It's been a long day,
but your touching words remind me of something Jesus said...
"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me."
(John15:18-21)

Here is another good one for tonight...

Luke21:28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
29 Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. 30 When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. 31 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near."

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 16 14 9:59 AM

Hi Modise,

Enjoyed hearing about your journey and how you have progressed.

It is interesting how that at some point in all of our lives there is a specific time that we are caused to realize some life altering things.

For the Apostle Paul it was literally a flash of light and a reproof.

Whatever it was for each of us - we saw the importance of paying attention and not turning back.

While I have fond memories of many of the things I was involved in in the watchtower organization when I got my wake up call and started to pay attention to what the spirit was saying to me I felt like that 2 Corinthians 3:

12 Therefore, as we have such a hope, we are using great freeness of speech, 13 and not doing as when Moses would put a veil upon his face, that the sons of Israel might not gaze intently at the end of that which was to be done away with. 14 But their mental powers were dulled. For to this present day the same veil remains unlifted at the reading of the old covenant, because it is done away with by means of Christ. 15 In fact, down till today whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their hearts. 16 But when there is a turning to Jehovah, the veil is taken away. 17 Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom. 18 And all of us, while we with unveiled faces reflect like mirrors the glory of Jehovah, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, exactly as done by Jehovah [the] Spirit.

As we turn to Jehovah thru Jesus and let the anointing spirit teach us we grow and learn and wish to share with our brothers and sisters - but alas the watchtower organization will not let us speak the truths we are learning as these truths show up their teachings that are not true.

So what you said Modise is true - the spirit makes us know that we needed to depart from the watchtower organization and never return.

Unfortunately when they disfellowship you it blocks most of your ability to help the ones you love that are still there.

So we wind up here at this forum and others like it where are gathered together to share in the wonderful freedom of speech that has been granted us.

Have a nice day Modise and hang in there - it is worth it to have this wonderful hope no matter what we have to endure.

Joe

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 22 14 5:03 AM

Hi, 
My name is Debbie and I thought I would introduce myself as this is the company I long for.  
I came into the organization in the early 70's as a teenager with a new born and small child. I raised 4 children with my
husband. My youngest is 20.  It was with her that the elders showed an interest and the extreme cruelty was felt.  I will talk about that another time as there is so much to let go of.  It is more than I can bear to talk about now, but when I saw something terribly wrong, I began testing , searching for answers.  The Watchtower Library is where I started.  So many changing things and things that didn't make sense. I began questioning everything from why the increase in 
the anointed, even more befuddling why the silence about it.  Something so life changing as a judicial committee should be found in God's word.(I was told by a prominent elder that I didn't need to know.) Huh? The elders acted like bad juveniles, taunting my daughter and asking sexual questions that no one should be put through. I began asking many things more when calling the society service dept.  The service dept wasn't much help except to show me something big was wrong and me to search harder for truth.   (I was also dealing with losing my husband of 40 years.) (scream out loud!) I won't talk about that either.. 
I began searching topics on the dreaded internet..  I got Abe's book and found ask the experts.  I sheepishly ask about the prophecy of the preaching of the good news to  Pearl.   And here I am.    I will talk about my total departure 
soon.
Growing love, 
Debbie
PS  Please comment no matter how small because I am so used to being shunned.  I think I am being shunned when I'm not.  Lol

Last Edited By: Deborah Jan 22 14 6:17 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 22 14 7:03 AM

Oh Debbie,
I am so glad you are here with us. It sounds like you have endured so much pain, and what you have shared, I'm sure, is only the surface of it.
If you are like me, it takes a lot of desperation to reach the point of asking for help from the elders. How brutalizing it is, when they treat us with such cruelty in response.
I hear about this a lot, but my personal experience with it gives me a degree of understanding about how their power ravages our soul.
The injustices are outrageous, and when faced with this, we are shocked and perplexed, as our illusion of "loving shepherds" is painfully torn apart within our heart and before our eyes.
We come away remembering what we were taught....that the elders are the only recourse allowed for tangible help, lest we be accused of "not trusting in Jehovah's arrangement"....
or worse, "turning to Satan's world" for support. I fear for them, on the day our heavenly Father turns to them with all the rage He has stored up in behalf of His "skinned and thrown about" lambs.
These men have no idea what they are in for, as the #1 Gentile enemy of God alive today. Their arrogance and pride has lead them into becoming "the abomination causing desolation", and a "disgusting thing standing in a Holy Place". Self-assuming, they have stolen the priesthood of God's chosen ones. Ill-equipped, hearts uncircumcised, and dominated by the natural "Gentile" desires for authority and prominence;
the spiritual and emotional harm they are doing to both anointed and not, can only be fully estimated within the mind of God.
This is an injustice and violation that should never have come to be. Yet we know that this is still Satan's dominion, and the prophetic warnings Jesus gave us, must come to pass.

I thank our loving Father for drawing lamb-like ones such as yourself, to His precious, refreshing, saving waters of Truth. He is determining who among mankind will be rescued for everlasting life, as we navigate through the end of the harvest by means of His spirit. Though we are told there will be "few", we rejoice for each one saved by His grace.
Welcome!
...not only to the forum (which is nothing but a safe place of comfort and rest), but to an invitation to eternity, free of the present tribulation and pain, reserved for those who truly love God.

I hope you continue to feel safe enough to pour out your heart, and will honor us by continuing to share the testimony of your experiences. They not only benefit us, but all who pass this way. A record needs to be established for all eternity, about the reality of our day...a witness to the veracity of God's Word...and that all He predicted indeed came true. We are those witnesses of the final Wild Beast and the shameless Harlot who rides it. The hidden deeds that occur in secret are due to be uncovered, and so they will, in part, through the lips of each of us. As we continue to turn to our Father and trust our complaints to His Hands; we are assured that our God of Justice, will repay. We, like Him, do not delight in the deaths of the wicked, but fearfully pray for their repentance. Yet it is not wrong to look forward to our deliverance and rescue from this pit of test, when God sets all things straight...when those acting shamefully will bear their shame...and those who have acted in loyalty and love for truth, will be lifted up, never to suffer the trampling of the proud, ever again.

The words of Jesus Christ console us, even while we suffer. He assures us that we have great reason to rejoice, even while we suffer under the crushing weight of shame and injustice. He declared that our reward is great in the heavens...So great, that the human mind cannot image it (1Cor.2:9; Matt.5:2-12). We do not have long to wait for this rescue. Jesus said that when you see the twigs, leaves, early fruit, and blossoms of the fig tree appear, the Kingdom of God is at the door (Matt.24:32,33; Song of Solomon2:13). The trees of life are now "getting their lamps in order" (Matt.25:7), and they have even begun their move toward producing fruit for life everlasting...sourced in the true vine (John15:5,8; Matt.7:15-20). "Raise yourselves erect, because your deliverance draws near.". (Luke21:28)
 The judicial committee was prophesied about in Job's three false friends, who came to him under the guise of comforters, when in reality they sought to accuse him, and blame him for being responsible for his tribulations. Job is the proto-type of all those born in sin, who prove righteous for everlasting life, even after subjection to Satanic sifting (Luke22:31; Job1:9,11,12). But "after you have suffered a little while" the everlasting comfort of God will reach us (1Pet.5:10). As James 5:11 reads;
"As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy."
Even now, we can trust in God as Job did, at Job10:12;
"You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit.".

I know that you will continue to feel the loss of your husband as long as this life continues. Try to find comfort in the moments of love and happiness stored up in your memory, until the day you are re-united. It is not far off. Until then, let us all persevere as Job did, knowing our labors to serve our God whom we love, are not in vain, but work out for us a salvation beyond our dreams (1Cor.15:58; Phil.2:12-18).
Please know that you are a treasure to us, as you are to our Father.
Love in Christ,
Pearl

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jan 22 14 1:27 PM. Edited 7 times.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 22 14 7:37 AM

warm welcome

hi Debbie.
    a very warm welcome to you.   i have difficulty typing ....surgery and pain....but  this  is nothing  compared to what  you have and are dealing with.  the emotional pain, scars,as well as the recovery you have are much greater.  there will be recovery though,  God is going to make all things new (Rev 21:1-5)...no  more bad things.   so many of us out there...many still slaves to the org...still being skinned and tossed about.  God sees everything...everything...that you and your daughter are going thru...  like a tiny sparrow that falls...it will not do so without God taking note. (Matt 10:29)  you and your little girl are worth so much more...please tell her  that.   there are some jws who still try to be loving, but with the increase in "company men"...only interested in supporting company policies..this love is dying...cooling  off.   the "love" so often thought of as being there, quickly evaporates as soon as it becomes apparent that you are no longer a slave of men. (1 Cor 7:23) (Acts 5:29)   many of us became jws because we wanted truth and we truly loved God... many who have realized the deception or have seen the hypocrisy have left off searching for truth,have become cynical and have lost faith that God does exist...and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.   thankfully you still love God.  
yes the judicial commitee thing is not a loving or a scriptural thing...it is a legalistic organizational policy and procedure.  like Job's three "friends"...the elders act like they are there to help you....they are not. (they simply want to know whose side you are on) ...they are not really  interested in what you have discovered, or in hashing out all the issues you have with them or the "arrangement"....     the org. ...  the "arrangement"... is their god.   if you have a problem with that, then in their eyes, you have a problem with God.   they treat God as if he does not see or care how they treat the sheep.  you and your daughter did not even receive "standard" treatment...they don' even offer a bandaid anymore,,,,it is only getting worse.  soon  they will have to answer to God.  God will not be mocked.  no one should ever be shunned...it is NOT loving.   not even the catholics ,today, will shun their friends and family who do not agree with the church...just ask me  and  pearl...our catholic friends and family never stopped associating with us after we left catholocism.  please feel free to share what ever you are comfortable in sharing.

sometimes a post gets lost in a thread....like this one it may take time for others to see it.   pearl can move it to a "new" subject thread if you want...this way all will see it more readily, as well as any future posts that you make ...let her know if you would like that.

please share what love you can with your daughter.

love in christ,....ps  i just now read pearl's post...after i wrote mine...strange how we touched on same things....guess i'm hanging out with her too much...or maybe it' the pain.
so i will sign off with  agape, obadiah
obe

Last Edited By: Obadiah Jan 22 14 7:54 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jan 22 14 10:53 AM

Hi Debbie,

It is wonderful that there is a spiritual awakening in you. 

I remember before I was disfellowshipped about 8 or 9 years ago there was a brother who showed me this scripture.

Ecclesiastes 1:
18 For in the abundance of wisdom there is an abundance of vexation, so that he that increases knowledge increases pain.

It is unfortunate but true that as a person is taught by holy spirit and begins worshiping in spirit and truth that we also start experiencing vexation and pain.

But we are not left alone because Yahweh and Yeshua and the comforter that they send to us really does help us.

You will find those here who wish to help you and cause you to see you are not alone as all of us have our own story of vexation and pain.

We wish to focus on the future hope of the time when all of these things will be set straight and all will worship in spirit and truth.

In the mean time we have need of endurance.

Joe

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 22 14 1:54 PM

joy hope love

Hello all my brothers and sisters. I come with tears of joy happy to be gathering together. I will admit that I forgot how much i needed my fellow Lovers of Truth- those who worship Our Heavenly Father with spirit and truth. It is scary how Satan's world can distract us.
My name is Jessica. I was raised by my grandparents since age 2 and my grandmother brought me up as a jw and I was baptized as a jw at 14. I always loved God and wanted to please him. I always tried to show love because 1John 4:8 says "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." And John 13:35 "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
Over time Love made it clear what was wrong. There was a lack of love. Pearl and I were talking one day discussing things in the bible and it was amazing how simple and clear she made bible truths..... because she used God's Word to explain itself, instead of using brochures and publications. My love for God's Word grew and I felt closer to our Father more than I ever had. It was amazing. ... but my love of the Scriptures caused a weird and frightening reaction from those at the kingdom hall. Instead of sharing their love of God's Word with me they would ask "who showed you these scriptures?" Or "when answering a question in the publication, please only use the Scriptures given in the article." I was dumbfounded! I was finally growing in understanding and love of the Word of God and I was being labeled as bad association. During this time that God was allowing my eyes to be opened, I was "pioneering". During this time spent with other pioneers I felt an over whelming lack of love and unkind treatment of others and disregard for the Word of God. Pioneers where looked at as lamps shining light into the darkness.... This did not make sense scripturally either, because those are the faithful anointed. I brought my concerns to the elders and told them that I no longer wanted the title but it fell on deaf ears and angry mouths. And slowly all my "brothers and sisters" started distancing themselves from me or flat out telling me not to have any further contact with them. My grandmother pleaded with me to stop listening to Pearl because she is not truly anointed and she was embarrassed that everyone one was talking about me. I tried so hard to explain using God's Word to them because I loved them so dearly.... but it fell on deaf ears. My relationship with my grandma became sour.... she said she washed her hands of me. I felt so crushed.... but the love I gained surpasses what I lost. Our Father opened my eyes to be able to catch sight of the disgusting thing in a holy place. The love I feel from him and all of you heals all my wounds. The true "good fruit" I receive from God's faithful anointed is so good.
That is all for now. I hope I didn't ramble. And you are Loved Debbie ;-)
I send my love to all.

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jan 23 14 5:35 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 22 14 3:22 PM

Hi Jess,
Each member of our family here, adds to the comfort and love of this place. So glad you are with us.
We each need courage to face the path of Christ, remembering that he conquered the whole of Satan's world.
His victory assures us that each of us does not endure in vain.
Just as he has said..."the world is fond of it's own". Because he chose us from out of that world, the world hates us, and speaks abusively of us.
We were taught to believe that this was speaking of those disinterested in God.
Now we know that it speaks of all those who compromise the path of Christ for the rewards of this world.
They have hearts as Christ described at Luke chapter 8... Those who have received of the Word of Life, but fail to bear fine fruit for various reasons.
"But we are not the sort that shrink back to destruction" (Heb.10:36-39). We are awake and know the hour we are facing.
We are not afraid to obey the God of our salvation. (Isa.26:3; James1:25)
I'm so glad you are here with us Jessica. I hope we get to see lots of you!

Last Edited By: Pearl Doxsey Jan 22 14 3:31 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:14 PM

Grapevine,

I'm so sorry I neglected welcoming you (I'm more forgetful than ever) and was really touched by your post. It made me think way back to my pioneer days and I could see myself in your shoes. It should be an exciting time for any young person to be in the front ranks with no motive (especially for a sister) other than saving those that have no idea of what's taking place all around them. For anyone who has never had the experience, I don't think there's anyway to accurately describe how different it is from the service of going out Saturday morning when you work a full-time job, because I felt that it was like a separate world away from the norm of meetings upon meetings and the same old rhetoric and placing magazines Saturday morning, then break, then an RV or two. The association with other pioneers along with the trials and hardships we shared that accompany that choice are really the only things I can honestly say that I don't regret looking back.

To have that comradery sabotaged by an honest search for Bible truth can only be described as heart wrenching. I recall just about 4 months ago when I was still attending, that I would look up the scriptures and then jab my wife and show her a few verses or a chapter before the cited Watchtower scripture and wait for her response and she would whisper that the quoted scripture has nothing to do with the point they were making in the paragraph. Unfortunately, the only thing that matters is conformity with this group, not the truth. People like us who find the truth are the ones described at 2 Chronicles 16:9,..."For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." That was a time in my life when I wasn't as scarred as I became later by actually becoming a part of the "beast" and going against the grain in trying to be a shepherd,....what was I thinking!!! 

You have truly experienced the power of God's Word, because it's transformed us to someone who can feel close to the Father and His Son and feel as Jesus did as to the love he had for His Father's Word. Even though the average Witness thinks they have felt this power are not realizing the power they have fallen under is that of the "wicked slave". The good news is truly veiled and nothing we say or do can convince them otherwise. All we can do is plant the seed and hope God will make it grow. They don't even see the hypocrisy of closing their minds to even consider the possibility that we might "be on to something", when they go to a complete stranger's house to tell them that they're wrong about their understanding of God's Word and what they're telling them is the "real truth". How is that not hypocritical when they treat us as a spiritual leper when we try to reason with them the same way? 

I'm so sorry about your relationship with your grandmother,....all three of my kid's relationship with their grandmother on my wife's side has been a real anchor for them and they would and still do confide in her and we only get some things second-hand,...lol. I try and remember Matt. 10:32 that if "we acknowledge Christ before others", he will "acknowledge us before his Father" and the example of Job of how our Heavenly Father can reward our faithfulness. It's a real sacrifice to maintain our integrity, but so worth it. 

Grapevine, it really encouraged me to see your faith in action and Debbie, I enjoyed your comments as well. You are the Debbie I know, right? 

Ryan

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help