Remove this ad

Lead

May 11 16 1:29 AM

Tags : :

Mat 10:38 “And he who does not take his torture stake and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.”

Mar 13:13 “You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.”

Satan uses various methods,to express his hatred towards us. Why? These methods are used “because of My name”,...we are showing love and “joy” over the Love we have for truth FROM CHRIST.

Every time I think about this,it blows me away just how significant it is that Anointed are Witnesses for Christ at this time(Acts 1:8)...in opposition to “jehovah's witnesses” led by a Harlot.

There is purpose to this “torture” through persecution. Mat 13:21 “yet he has no firm root in himself”. Satan is using terrible emotional pain as persecution,so the Truth from Christ will not take a “firm root” in our heart. The Truth coming through Christ at this time is exposing the LIES within jws. Satan does not want that! So those who choose to use Christ's Truth to do this,will be persecuted!

Are we willing to endure that terrible “torture” for the sake of the new Truth from Christ?

Luke 14:27 “Whoever does not carry his own torture stake and come after Me cannot be My disciple.”

“Torture stake”. Christ said we have to “carry”/pick up,what tortures us,that makes it “torture” to keep faithful. For Christ,dying as someone who hated God,was his torture. Dying the way he died,was as if HE WAS a sinner against Jah. It implied He deserved to die for His crimes against Jah. This wasnt true,but Jesus was willing to endure this “torture” to show how far He would go to be faithful...even enduring slander against the Love He had for Jah.

Mat 10:38 “And he who does not take his torture stake and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.”

So we KNOWINGLY have to “carry”/pick up what “tortures” us BY choosing to endure it...and follow Christ. Then an anointed is “worthy of Me”.

Matt 13:20,21 is primarily about Anointed. That one awakening “hears the word and immediately receives it with joy” But something happens to that One. “when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.”

Does Christ say,they “fall away” because they dont love the new truth from Christ? No!

Does anyone deserve “persecution”? Its an unjustified attack upon them as a person,that happens BECAUSE its NOT about them as a person. So its not because they deserve it! Yet,its the result “of the word” from Christ at this time. Like the “torture stake” that will torture us,will we endure what “tortures” our hearts the most?

For some,its our past and how satan uses people from our past to remind us of things we want to forget. Does all that “torture” us? Yes! But are we willing to “carry” that torture stake” and follow Christ,as He himself “carried” His “torture stake” as an example for all Anointed.

He did the same thing He is asking.

Enduring what haunts and causes us terrible emotional/mental pain,proves satan a liar. Remember the reason satan sends it is BECAUSE we now spread Christ's truth at this time. 

Satan will remind us of these things,BECAUSE we are taking sides with Christ by sharing the Truth that comes from Him at this time.

We can become conquers for Christ by enduring the Torture satan brings.

Remember,its happening because we have woken up because “of the word” from Christ.(Matt 13:20,21) This is why we ARE being “persecuted” and “tortured”. We said in our dedication to Jah,we would do anything for the Truth. Satan was listening. Are we prepared to endure what tortures us,so we can be in Gods Kingdom or share its benefits...BECAUSE of our Love for Jah and the Truth coming through His Son at this time? This is why we are being “tortured”!

Satan has many ways within his world that can make it supposedly “easier” to deal with burdens we carry,which “torture” us. Are we lonely,do we miss having a healthy sex life,do we miss children or family we lost because of our stand. Has satan used family members against us because we are taking a stand for Christ and Truth? Do we have serious health problems? All these things “torture” us because of our stand for Christ and His truth. Satan hates the truth being released from Christ! It means his end is near.

So what do you think he will do to those who spread the Words of Christ? Torture them as he did Christ! Matt 13:20,21.

Are we willing to keep bearing the burden of that “torture stake” till the end? Christ did,though it was a terrible burden to “CARRY” that stake knowing what it represented. He carried it in front of many people on the way to Calvary. That people thought HE DID hate his father because those who were the religious leaders cast judgement upon him...and was worthy of a death that represented a supposed hatred and being a sinner against Jah.

Not even considering what other people thought,Him having to “carry” that torture stake and how it represented something that wasnt true about him,WAS TOTURE for that sinless man who loved His Father. Yes,he died on that “torture stake”,but having to carry that stake and its symbolic meanings to the place where He would die,was just as bad as dying on it.

Christ said “CARRY the torture stake” not die on one. Are we “tortured” because we spread CHRISTS Truth at this time? Luke 14:27. We all have our various types of “torture” we must carry.

But He was willing to bear the “torture” of spreading truth within an apostate nation,to prove satan a liar. What was Jesus willing to bear,to prove faithful? Unimaginable mental and emotional “torture”! Luke 22:44 He was willing to bear this for Truth! Jesus was “tortured” and killed for Truth...and left an example for those who would spread the Truth He would give them at this time.

Mat 13:21 “ when affliction or persecution arises because of the word”...Jesus was exposing the Lies within a covenant nation. Those who could have been Anointed. He suffered because of the TRUTH that did this.

HE “carried” a “torture stake” during a life of exposing lies!

So we will suffer like Jesus,for the same reasons,if we share Christ's truth at this time. The reason He was tortured,will be the same for those in this time who spread His truth within an Apostate spiritual nation.

There are many things that “torture” us that could be perhaps minimised by satans world. We CANNOT allow what he supplies to be the thing that helps us “cope” with our various situations. If we do,this is showing a lack of faith in Jahs promises for the future,which will be the place where Jah will satisfy our desires. We dont want our “desires” to be corrupted so satan “fulfils” them! Psa 20:4,Psa 36:7, Psa 37:4 "Delight yourself in Yhwh;And He will give you the desires of your heart."

Eph 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us"

We have to show Jah and Christ we are willing to suffer “torture” for the sake of Him and being faithful. When in the Kingdom,all things we need will be supplied. But as with Jesus,what are we willing to endure to get the thing promised? Lets not drop our “torture stake” and give in as satan wants. If Jesus had of done that,the ransom could not be supplied. Christ endured emotional and mental “torture” so we can have everlasting life in joy and happiness. 1 Cor 2:9.

Lets join with Christ in being faithful whilst we are “tortured” because of our Love for Jah...and show that Love for Him by spreading Christs Truth which the Father has given Him.

Hebrews 12:2 “fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the torture stake, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” 

Last Edited By: Jahsdisciple May 11 16 1:36 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 11 16 4:34 PM

Hi brother Kevin.  Thank you for such a wonderful article you composed.  I am sure you made it thinking about me.  Thank you so much.  Reading it has made me determined to endure my torture stake no matter what Satan throws at me. Having the privilege of knowing this life giving truth,  carrying our torture stake is the least we can do to show our appreciation for what Christ did for us.  We have to follow in his footsteps even  to physical death if need be.  You are such an inspiration to me as well as Peely and Pearl.  
Please accept the appreciation I have for all of you 
Love in Christ 

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 11 16 8:43 PM

HiYa Rose,
Yes,i did put this together because of how faithful you have been the last few weeks! Your trials inspired me to do some research about this topic. But importantly,it helped me to see EVERYONE has things we are asked to endure that are like "torture". Very painful...and having to carry them for a long time.  Thats what really stood out to me by Jesus carrying His torture stake to Calvery. He didnt just die on that stake,He carried a heinous lie on his poor wipped back as an example for us! But he had done that all His baptised life! 

So all of us encourage eachother when we know that person is standing up to satan,despite the cruel lies that he uses other people to inflict upon us. You encourage me also!
Agape
JD.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 12 16 11:23 AM

Hi JD and Rose Petal,

Thank you for your encouraging efforts again, JD!  I was thinking about this struggle to carry our own torture stake. You said, HE “carried” a “torture stake” during a life of exposing lies! This makes me think of Isa 53 and its insight of how Christ suffered:

“He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of suffering who knew what sickness was.
He was like someone people turned away from;
He was despised, and we didn’t value Him.
Yet He Himself bore our sicknesses,
and He carried our pains;

but we in turn regarded Him stricken,
struck down by God, and afflicted.

But He was pierced because of our transgressions,
crushed because of our iniquities;
punishment for our peace was on Him,
and we are healed by His wounds.

He was taken away because of oppression and judgment;
and who considered His fate?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
He was struck because of my people’s rebellion."

As members of the Body of Christ, we too are regarded as "stricken, struck down by God". (John 16:2) All of his disciples in Christ may feel this suffering.  We do have one another to help us through the difficulties.  Since you have written this, I was thinking about Simon of Cyrene who literally helped Christ carry his torture stake or cross:

“Then they compelled a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, the father of Alexander and Rufus, as he was coming out of the country and passing by, to bear His cross.”  Mark 15:21

We don’t know much about this person, but that he came from the town of Cyrene in Lybia and where around 100,000 Jews lived made their home.  Could he have been a fellow Jew and displayed compassion for the Lord, willingly accepting this assignment; or perhaps along the way his eyes were opened as to just who Christ was?  Simon had to reverse his direction from going into the city, to joining Christ, who was leaving the city.  That alone is intriguing, as we leave the “city” to follow Christ...and one another.  Heb 13:12

I found it interesting that another “Rufus” is mentioned in Romans 16:13, and a Chosen one.  There could be a relation to Simon; but whatever the case, we have his account of helping Jesus with his literal torture stake and Matthew, Mark and Luke all mention Simon in this loving act.  It makes me wonder why it is witnessed in the bible three times.  2 Cor 13:1

Although Christ bore his this "torture stake" during his entire preaching period, (and we do, too) as he was lead to his ultimate physical death someone came to help him.  Pearl, Obadiah, many of you were there for me when I was facing my own spiritual “death” and affliction by Satan, even after my disfellowshipping.  Although holy spirit guided me through it, I am grateful for everyone who had words of encouragement.

Rose Petal, we know this scripture is vital to keep in mind because it is true, and not at all how the GB treats their own brothers.  I wonder how they read it and not see its meaning:

“And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.”  1 Cor 12:26

love,
peely  

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 14 16 4:42 AM

Simon had to reverse his direction from going into the city, to joining Christ, who was leaving the city.  That alone is intriguing, as we leave the “city” to follow Christ...and one another.  Heb 13:12

Hey Peely,
Some very interesting points!

Isnt it interesting that Jesus death meant an end to true worshippers going into "jerusalem". His death meant leaving...and from that point,no-one would worship acceptably if they continued with that sytem of worship. IF they really were following Christ,they would leave also. But it was also the Gentiles who were going to kill Christ. A few years back,i would not have even understood about the spiritual gentiles ending Christ brothers via DFing.

Accepting Christ from His brothers point of view,means leaving apostate Anointed influence...that is,the organisation led by apostate Anointed. This is in contrast to the GB telling Anointed NOT to leave jws...despite their Harlotry! The tribulation Anointed bear within the organisation,is like the torture stake. They have to start carrying it while still within the Org,but eventually,their death via the Gentiles leads to their being outside the city. His stake began within Jerusalem,but ended outside that city...away from apostate religious leaders and THEIR Harlot connection with Gentiles.

Learning about antipas helped me see that Jerusalem had become a home of the Gentiles. The religious leaders had connections with the Gentile Herod Antipas,whose Kingdom was within Apostate Israel. 

So it was a dual political power that ended Jesus life. This led Jesus on a course that reflected Him knowing He had to leave himself. This is also true of Anointed. They cant stay there,but their course of faithfuness starts within a dual world power,where they pick up their torture(tribulation) stake..and that course leads them in the same direction of Jesus path when taking His stake. Faithful and Outside a dual world power of spiritual corruption.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 14 16 7:57 AM

Thank you for this post JD.
Hi Rosa, and Peely...thanks for the comment about Simon

Yes... this all reminds me of the scripture in Hebrews 13.
…12 And that is why Jesus suffered outside the city gate, to sanctify the people by His own blood. 13 Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace He bore. 14 For here we do not have a permanent city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

Jesus told the woman at the well...that it will not be on this mountain...or in Jerusalem...that true worshippers would worship the father....he said it would be with spirit and truth.  (John 4:23,24)  Not in the physical city of Jerusalem...not in the organization of JWs.
We may have to endure physical pain and suffering...and likely we will deal with emotional pain and suffering.
Physical pain and suffering is very difficult to deal with...and so is the emotional pain and suffering...it is likely more difficult than the physical....

When we worship with spirit and truth...and when we speak truth...we are thrown out of the church...made outcasts (John 16:2)...we suffer the loss of family and aquaintenances we knew for so many years.  Worse of all, we suffer defamation of our character...having lies said about us...just as Jesus had to bear the lies about him and subsequently about his father.   It was the lies about his father that mattered most to him.  The same can be said of us.   We all suffer the lies about us...but it is the lies about God that matter most.

It is with great comfort that the truth will be told.  It will be victorious.  When all is said and done.  God will make all things new.

I pray for God's Kingdom to finally come in it's completeness upon this planet...and for God to make all things new...in what ever capacity that means.  Only God completely knows our sadness and loss...and he will satisfy the desire of every living thing. 

I will Exalt You, My God, the King
Psalm 145:
…15 The eyes of all look to You, And You give them their food in due time. 16 You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing. 17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways And kind in all His deeds.…
New American Standard Bible

May the Father in heaven heal us in every way and make us whole again.

Agape, Obadiah 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help