Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 10 16 4:51 PM

Tags : :

Hi Everyone,

I happened to comment on a forum yesterday regarding Exod 17:8-13 and God’s people under Moses battling against the Amalekites. Their success against this aggressive and horrid nation was Moses’ ability in holding up his hands with Aaron and Hur’s help.  A lot of scriptural support brought me some meaning to this, although I would love to hear what anyone else has to offer about it, because there’s always more and adjustments to be made. :)

I had made the comment,“The rod of Moses undoubtedly depicts God’s uplifted arm which never fails to deliver. While God used Moses to hold up that symbol of his “arm”, the dropping of his hands seems to imply that through weariness, we can succumb to distractions that lead us into “temptation”. It is through persistent faith in God that we are successful maintaining salvation in the Father. It surely is something to question why people may have died when the rod was dropped, but if we look at Numbers 14:25,41-45 and also the account of Saul not following through with Samuel’s directions, I believe God was making a repeated and specific statement. 1 Sam 15:18,19 (Numbers 11:23)  

As always, the bible’s embedded meaning helps us identify the “violent nation” God’s people still face today. Quoting another:

In Jewish tradition, Amelek represents pure evil or those who have “given themselves over” to Sitra Achra, the dark side of impurity.  Indeed the name Amelek begins with the letter Ayin (symbolizing the eye) and equals 240 in gematria—the same value for safek, meaning “doubt”, and for rahm, meaning “haughty”.  Amalek therefore represents “the evil eye of doubt,” or even “the severed eye” (i.e., when you remove Ayin from “Amalek”, you are left with malak, a verb that means “to chop off” or to sever).  Understood in this way, Amalek represents spiritual blindness acting arrogantly in the world, and therefore the Lord vowed perpetual warfare against Amalek:  “The Hand is on God’s throne. God shall be at war with Amalek for all generations”  Exod. 17:16. 

and saith, `Because a hand [is] on the throne of Jah, war [is] to Jehovah with Amalek from generation -- generation.'  YLT

As Strong’s brings out for this Hebrew word “generation”, it can possibly mean “evermore”.  God’s throne is Heavenly Zion, the Temple where God and Christ both reside; and who is it that are part of that Temple and also are that Temple, but the Chosen Ones.  For over 600 years the Amalekites took vengeance against God’s people.  David successfully battled against them, but Amelek resurfaced again in “Haman, an Agagite” a descendant from the last Amalekite king, who also showed total hate toward the Jews. 

What was their reason?  Why did this original Nomadic tribe that lived on Israelite soil hate them so ferociously?  Isn’t the issue always dominance and the power to rule over God’s Chosen ones with its source in Satan?  Matt 4:8,9

And when Haman saw that Mordecai did not bow down or pay homage to him, Haman was filled with fury. But he disdained to lay hands on Mordecai alone. So, as they had made known to him the people of Mordecai, Haman sought to destroy all the Jews, the people of Mordecai, throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus. Est 3:5,6

Because of God’s statement made in Exod 17:16, one writer considered the Amalekites as Satan’s “Chosen People”.  I don’t think I can argue this antithesis between Satan’s army and the Body of Christ in the least.

Before entering the Promised Land, Moses told the people:  “Remember what the Amalekites did to you on the journey after you left Egypt. 18 They met you along the way and attacked all your stragglers from behind when you were tired and weary. They did not fear God. 19 When the Lord your God gives you rest from all the enemies around you in the land the Lord your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance, blot out the memory of Amalek under heaven. Do not forget.”  Deut 25:17-19

God’s people in the organization are not only “tired”, but asleep and blind to God’s decrees.  Instead of remembering God's decrees, they fear the dominant power over them, the army that shows no fear toward God.  Just as the Israelites suffered defeat at the hands of the ancient Amalekites by putting their trust in men; so too, the Chosen Ones have suffered defeat and a crushing blow by Satan’s violent nation.  (Num 14:44-45). 

Here is a comment from the Watchtower that I happened across: We can avoid that kind of attitude if we remember that Jesus has “in his right hand seven stars.” The “stars” mean anointed elders, but what is said about them can also refer to all the elders in the congregations. Jesus can do whatever he wants with the “stars” in his hand.  

Almost barely truth, but the lies over power it completely.  To verify submission by all the anointed ones, “stars” are only anointed elders; but through subtle wording, the stars’ identity is shifted to the entire elder body.  And the elder body is to be obeyed. Rev 9:7

Judges 7:12 connects the Amalekite Nation’s similarities with the identity of the hostile and devastating locusts in Revelation. Rev 9:3
Now the Midianites, Amalekites, and all the Qedemites had settled down in the valley like a swarm of locusts, and their camels were as innumerable as the sand on the seashore.

Gideon and his meager amount of 300 men were successful against this huge army! 
“He returned to the camp of Israel, and said, “Arise, for the Lord has delivered the camp of Midian into your hand.” 16 Then he divided the three hundred men into three companies, and he put a trumpet into every man’s hand, with empty pitchers, and torches inside the pitchers. 17 And he said to them, “Look at me and do likewise; watch, and when I come to the edge of the camp you shall do as I do: 18 When I blow the trumpet, I and all who are with me, then you also blow the trumpets on every side of the whole camp, and say, ‘The sword of the Lord and of Gideon!’ And every man stood in his place all around the camp; and the whole army ran and cried out and fled. ”  Judges 7:15b-21

Gideon was portrayed as a loaf of barley bread in a prophetic dream, rolling into the Amalekite camp and destroying one of their tents. The Great Crowd which no man can number, is lead in the final battle against the destructive locust “Amalekite” army of today.  They do so at the direction of the Bread of Life and the raised arm of God, with each trumpet sounding the call, ultimately to bring destruction on the violent nation that has set up tents of wickedness within God’s Temple, as well as all those who have forgotten God's laws and decrees in the same manner as those Moses dealt with. Numbers 14:41-45; Deut 1:42-44;

‘“You say, ‘We want to be like the nations, like the peoples of the world, who serve wood and stone.’ But what you have in mind will never happen. 33 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I will reign over you with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath. 34 I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered – with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath. 35 I will bring you into the wilderness of the nations and there, face to face, I will execute judgment upon you. 36 As I judged your ancestors in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will judge you, declares the Sovereign Lord. 37 I will take note of you as you pass under my rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant. 38 I will purge you of those who revolt and rebel against me. Although I will bring them out of the land where they are living, yet they will not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord."  Ezek 20:32-38 (Rev 11:1-3; Isa 10:1-4;1 Cor 3:16,17)

I hope you are all doing well.  Know I pray for strength be given to all of us to keep us faithful in the Lord.
much love,
peely 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 10 16 5:17 PM

While heating up a bowl of soup, I thought of an adjustment already.  Gideon fought the Midianites that night with 300 men, but as the battle progressed, could the Amalekites been involved also since they resided in the same valley?  The Bible doesn't say.  Judges 7:24,25

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help