Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 11 16 10:39 AM

Tags : :

Hi everyone.  I hope you are all well.I had a wonderful thought this morning, having to do with the analogy used by Jesus to become “fishers of men” which the WT has always used to spearhead the “preaching work”. 

I had been reading in Luke 5:

“So it was, as the multitude pressed about Him to hear the word of God, that He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret, and saw two boats standing by the lake; but the fishermen had gone from them and were washing their nets.

Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat.When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”

But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.”And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. 

So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink. When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!”

For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which they had taken; 10 and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch men.” 

11 So when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all and followed Him."

The Lake of Gennesaret is known also as the Sea of Galilee.  I was so curious what “Galilee” actually meant and found it to confirm my suspicion that this greater meaning is Satan’s “sea”, that Christ told his followers to “launch out into the deep”.

gal-il-ah'-yah; of Hebrew origin (H1551); Galilæa (i.e. the heathen circle), a region of Palestine:—Galilee.

Amazingly, its meaning is the “heathen circle”!  In many instances I found Jesus walking along its shore as found in Matt 4:18 and particularly Matt 15:29,30 which is equally insightful. To get back to Luke, the similarity to our (especially Pearl’s),” toiling all night” to bring up followers of Christ will ultimately reach it fruition, in an abundance – and to our pleasant astonishment! 

Another particular thought was after these initial followers cast their nets into the deep with rich reward, they “signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them.”  As you, Pearl, have said in the past, we will see the promised influx coming to help– we just have to be patient. 

In verse 5:3, it seems that Christ’s anointed ones have been primarily teaching from the shores, or in the shallow part of this abyss, but perhaps we must dig deeper and go directly into the midst of these ones.  This happened last summer during the conventions that Pearl and Obadiah, as well as JD and many others who worked so hard at doing so.  Personally for now, I have been searching forums where primarily JWs are immersed in their own teachings, thinking how carefully but truthfully I may be able to plant a seed of truth. 1 Cor 9:19-23

I feel assured by this guidance given me this morning, that Christ is gently and patiently giving us a foregleam of what is soon to come; and in my case, to stop whining. :)

Pearl, your thoughts on this?  There appears so much more in these set of scriptures that we can apply to the call of the "two witnesses", repentance and ultimately following Christ.

love,
peely  
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 11 16 11:33 AM

Hi Peely,
Isnt it amasing what you can find when you "dig" into the Greek! I have no doubt that Jah directed the Greek language to have such complex depth,just so it could convey all the wonderful significance for the truth to be seen. "launch out into the deep". Thats a good one! The abyss may be deep,but it only keeps people there by lies. The truth is far more powerful! People are sick of the GB and constant flip flopping,how "elders" abuse their power,etc. We just have to be there,write stuff...and wait for Christ to do the rest. We have no idea who is reading what we write. I have one blog about "pangs of distress" and its original greek meaning and it gets about 20-30 people a day going there. I know that mightnt sound a lot,but we dont know who they are,how their spiritual hearts might be hurting...and if Anointed are "sighing groaning" because of the detestable things being done particularly against Jah temple. So we just do what we can and leave the directing to Jah through Christ.

We cannot see what is happening under the surface of the sea. Jah used his spirit,to direct the fish into the net at His Sons direction.. Did the disciples do anything but follow Christ's command? They used the nets,and the fish were directed by HS into the nets because of Jesus direction. WE might be sceptical about whats in the sea. WE might think it empty. But we work with Christ...and the fish will be directed to give them a chance. We hold the net. We share what we have...and Jah and Christ will do the rest.

So you are into "whining and dining". Im always looking for a new curry house to discover...lol
Thanks for sharing. :-)
Agape
JahsDisciple

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 11 16 1:53 PM

Hey JD,

As Pearl brought out in this article, Satan’s “sea” is both the deep lies/teachings as well as the people who believe them – and we do our best to address both.

Two Beasts -  http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-note-from-friend-good-afternoon.html

Thanks for the reminder about what’s going on under the surface that we don’t know, which is definitely why we will be astonished in the end, as verse 9 brings out!  I like the other point of verse 3 where Jesus got in the boat, sat down and taught the multitudes.  Isn’t this the first call by the “two witnesses”?  God’s chosen prophet in Jesus, heralds the first call, with others joining in.  The boat is supporting Jesus similarly to the donkey of burden that Christ rode on when entering the city of Jerusalem.  I’m sure Pearl has wonderful insight on this.

Oh, and when I whine like this, I normally dine on chocolate.image

love,
peely   

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 13 16 12:04 PM

I had a few more thought about this “heathen circle”, Satan’s sea – the abyss.  Under Christ’s direction, we “launch in” to pull those out held captive by the “great sea creature” of Jonah 1:17  Somewhere here, Pearl has written about this on the forum but I just can’t locate it.

Here are some quotes from her article, “The Sign of the Son of Man”, http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-sign-of-son-of-man.html

The "sea" and the "abyss" are equated as the same realm (Rev.13:111:717:8Isa.51:9,1063:12,13Eze.26:19Psalm42:771:20). This comparison will be seen more clearly as we learn more about Leviathan.
Jonah was in the sea/abyss BEFORE he gave his witness (
Jonah2:5).
Jesus was also in the realm of the dead/abyss (
1Cor.15:3Eph.1:20Rom.10:7Psalm16:10)...
but it was AFTER he finished his 3 1/2 year "witness" (
Rev.1:5)…..

To clarify...the two witnesses give two periods of witnessing (3.5+3.5=7). One is while they belong to "all the earth", are marked and dominated by the Beast, are being stung as unsealed, and are "conquered", "overcome" and in bondage (Rev.13:14,8,7,109:4,10Dan.4:26) as Jesus and Jonah were imprisoned inside the abyss of death (and under it's covenant -Isa.28:13Eze.14:7,10,11,12,13,14,21,22,23Rev.6:1-8Heb.2:14. All....Jesus, Jonah, and the "two witnesses", learn obedience from the things which they suffer in association with this "sign" [Heb.5:8;Jonah2:7,8,9,10Rev.11:3 ("in sackcloth") Mal.3:1,2,3,4]. But unlike Jesus, both Jonah and the two witnesses initially shrank back from their divine assignment, and need discipline to overcome their fear of men. After this discipline, (received while captive within the abyss of death), all had their faith restored, became obedient, and conveyed Jehovah's words. (Isa.38:18Psalm88:1169:2,1430:930:1,2,3,4,525:11142:740:2,3;Isa.12:154:7,8Hosea6:2)

“….they shrank back from their divine assignment” Even while deep within the ship, Jonah hid and gave in to drowsiness.  “So the captain came to him, and said to him, “What do you mean, sleeper? Arise, call on your God; perhaps your God will consider us, so that we may not perish.”  Jonah 1:6; Eph 5:14 For those fish that are ultimately caught in the net, the “two witnesses” must awaken and come to the aid of those about to perish in the abyss.

While in the belly of the “fish” - Leviathan, Jonah cried in prayer:
 “I called out of my distress to the Lord,
And He answered me.
I cried for help from the depth of Sheol;
You heard my voice.
“For You had cast me into the deep,
Into the heart of the seas,
And the current engulfed me.
All Your breakers and billows passed over me.
“So I said, ‘I have been expelled from Your sight.
Nevertheless I will look again toward Your holy temple.’
“Water encompassed me to the point of death.
The great deep engulfed me,
Weeds were wrapped around my head. (what a comparison to the lies are hearts and minds grapple with!)
“I descended to the roots of the mountains.
The earth with its bars was around me forever,
But You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord my God.
“While I was fainting away,
I remembered the Lord,
And my prayer came to You,
Into Your holy temple.
“Those who regard vain idols
Forsake their faithfulness,
But I will sacrifice to You
With the voice of thanksgiving.
That which I have vowed I will pay.
Salvation is from the Lord.” 10 Then the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah up onto the dry land.”  Jonah 2:1-10

Just like Jonah, once we have repented and are released from wrongdoing, we take hold of the assignment to speak to those of present day “Ninevah”, home of the Queen of Heaven, Ishtar, and the Mother of Harlots.  Satan lets go of us, but not without a fight; the result of being in the Great Tribulation.

"Nineveh, with its heterogeneous population of people from throughout the Assyrian Empire, was one of the most beautiful cities in the Near East, with its gardens, temples, and splendid palaces"  and further cites Nineveh as having a carefully planned and executed series of canals and aqueducts to ensure a steady supply of water not only for human consumption [i]but also to keep the public parks and gardens irrigated; an aspect of urban life not every city attended to with as much care and planning.”[/i]

Doesn’t this remind us of both the physical and spiritual existence of the organization?

“… Once, however, the city was among the greatest of Mesopotamia, home to the goddess Ishtar, and there is no doubt that Sennacherib, and the kings who built before and after him, believed that the glory of Nineveh would last forever.” http://www.ancient.eu/nineveh/

Biblehub also has a lot of insightful parallels of the past Nineveh and the organization consider.  http://biblehub.com/topical/n/nineveh.htm - “It had numerous strongholds with gates and bars; and had multiplied its merchants above the stars: its crowned princes were as locusts, and its captains as grasshoppers.”….which we are well aware of.

With Nineveh located on the eastern side of the Tigris River, this correlation to locusts could fit in with Pearl’s article on the Four Rivers.  Tigris means, “Haddakel“ “meaning ‘to prick, sting, sharp’ as Pearl mentioned.  (Micah 7:4Prov.15:19). Under the Gentile locust scorpions, our heart sown with those thorny weeds, needs to be cleansed.

The third sort of heart, is described at Luke 8:7.
The seed now falls onto a heart that is already sown with briars. Such oppressive circumstances need not lead to failure (
Matt.13:24-26,30). But in the case of this third heart, the "thorns" were able to choke out the "word" from that heart, so that it became "unfruitful" (Matt.13:22) (Phil.4:6-7Luke12:24-25,30-31). The Haddakel River (חדקל), meaning "to prick, sting, sharp" (Micah 7:4Prov.15:19).

A tributary of the Tigris River flowed right down the center of Nineveh, into its “extensive canals and aqueducts” a source of stinging lies and oppression running through Satan’s synagogue today.

There also seems to be another correlation to Satan’s present day “sea” teaming with fish, the Sea of Galilea, as well as Jonah’s Nineveh. 

“To all appearance Nineveh took its name from the Babylonian Nina near Lagas in South Babylonia, on the Euphrates, from which early foundation it was probably colonized. [i]The native name appears as Ninua or Nina (Ninaa), written with the character for "water enclosure" with that for "fish" inside, implying a connection between Nina and the Semitic nun, ‘fish.’”[/i]

Further research on “nun” also means activity, life, faithfulness; as an example, Joshua, Son of Nun or Son of Life, which would picture Jesus (Exod 33:11); and of course is verified with the account of Sennacherib, the King of Assyria which Nineveh was the capital of, and his attempt to overcome Hezekiah by invasion.  (Isa 22:1-13; 2 Kings 19:20-34)

Wow, here is the ancient connection in the name “Nineveh” to the Mother of the Harlots holding captive God’s chosen ones, as well as all in a “water enclosure”, a “heathen circle”, the Dragon’s sea of Revelation.  Rev 13:1 

“The Babylonian Nina was a place where fish were very abundant, and Ishtar or Nina, the goddess of the city, was associated with Nin-mah, Merodach's spouse, as goddess of reproduction. Fish are also plentiful in the Tigris at Mosul, the modern town on the other side of the river, and this may have influenced the choice of the site by the Babylonian settlers, and the foundation there of the great temple of Ishtar or Nina. The date of this foundation is unknown, but it may have taken place about 3OOO B.C.”

One more thought, we know that Sennacherib, the King of Assyria which Nineveh was the capital of, attempted to overcome Hezekiah by invasion.  His own words:

“Because Hezekiahking of Judah, would not submit to my yoke, I came up against him, and by force of arms and by the might of my power I took forty-six of his strong fenced cities; and of the smaller towns which were scattered about, I took and plundered a countless number. From these places I took and carried off 200,156 persons, old and young, male and female, together with horses and mules, asses and camelsoxen and sheep, a countless multitude; and Hezekiah himself I shut up in Jerusalem, his capital city, like a bird in a cagebuilding towers round the city to hem him in, and raising banks of earth against the gates, so as to prevent escape…Then upon Hezekiah there fell the fear of the power of my arms, and he sent out to me the chiefs and the elders of Jerusalem with 30 talents of gold and 800talents of silver, and divers treasures, a rich and immense booty… All these things were brought to me at Nineveh, the seat of my government.”  Webbible Encyclpedia

Ultimately, this Gentile rule under Sennacherib reached its demise.  His threats (sound familiar?) were useless once Hezekiah approached God pleading him to listen to such threats against God's people.

“Now, Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone, Lord, are God.”  2 Kings 19:19

Likewise today, Christ’s chosen priests and all are hemmed in, deep in Satan’s sea under the power of a Gentile army, the Wild Beast. Rev 13:1 Jesus tells us to reach in deep and bring them up and into his life giving “boat”, heavenly Zion. 

The correlations and the harmony in the Bible seems to go on and on.  Amazingly, there’s so much more of which I am learning to dig for.  Even the ruins alone of Nineveh reveal some comparison to the organization; but for everyone’s sake, I had better end it here.

love,
peely   

Last Edited By: peely Mar 13 16 12:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 18 16 7:43 PM

Wow...thanks for sharing this Peely,    It is surely amazing how the spirit teaches.  Things that we never seemed to "see" before just keep popping into our minds.  I see it when I read Pearl's articles and posts as well as what you and JD write.  Sometimes I read a scripture that someone mentions and I think...."yes...of course...why did I not see that before?"   While inside the organization we were so "trained" to soak up what was being put into print by the organization that we failed to take time to check it and make sure that it was true...we (or at least I did) believed that they would never mislead us...would they?   Well now we know how difficult a thing it is to uproot the strongly entrenched things that we were taught by the JW organization...like those weeds wrapped around Jonah's head...how difficult to unravel.    While it is true that Satan used some basic truths to get us hooked...(like sacrifices in a chess game in order to win the entire game)...we failed to keep testing every....yes...every..inspired expression.  If we did...then we may have been able to spot those expressions inspired by demons.  (1 Timothy 4:1) (James 3:15)​Thanks for everything you do....and thanks for the "fish story"...and tying in Jonah's story with it....it is true that we should go where the fish are even if we think...we been fishing all night and haven't found any.  I think of the summer campaign and the feeling of being the only ones against a Nineveh like City...just like Jonah.  It takes courage...and that is not something that most of us are born with.  No...Jonah knew what he looked like and smelled like ... to the people he was sent to... (vomitted up by a fish...now that's a fishy smell)... and he knew what the people of that city might do to him...and he preferred not to go...but in the end he did go.  The results were not quite as he expected...but then we are only the messengers...God will make it grow as he pleases and when he pleases. ​PS...and who likes chocolate?.... a lot of people.
Agape, Obe  

Last Edited By: Obadiah Mar 18 16 8:43 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help